Best fitness machine for all round? Watch

Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So within a space of a conservatory, whats the best machine to have? for all parts of the body mostly arms,legs,chest.

Reasonable prices no £400+
AmbaLaBamba
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The ones that I like the most are the treadmill and the cross trainer, out of those two I'd say the cross trainer does the most and it's a hard but good workout!
Manchester United
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A bench, barbell, squat rack and some weights.
tooosh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Manchester United)
/thread

srs

No-one need post anything more.
Rhubarb94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A power plate is great as you can use it to tone anything really.
A cross trainer is the best for loosing weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Luke070
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best machine? I guess a squat rack kinda fits in to that category, so yeah, a squat rack.
Megaloblastic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Manchester United)
This
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rhubarb94)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Powerplate, hahaha.

brb farting on it so i can tone everything
alex193
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rhubarb94)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Powerplate's a ******* joke.
OP, get yourself some weights, a rack and a bench. Most versatility and effect for your money.
If you're desperate for cardio, consider looking at a second hand rowing machine, you should be able to get a decent concept2 model B or C for around your budget if you shop around.
wiseguy123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A rowing machine is quite a good cardio and upper body workout? But to be honest get a pullup bar they are very good. And then for legs do squats etc.
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Here's the best I could do with your limit and quick searching.

Marcy 7' Olympic Barbell and 125kg of plates:
  • Link: Click here.
  • Price: £279.00.

York Heavy Duty 2" Squat stands:
  • Price: £89.99.

Physionics Weight Bench (Decline/Flat/Incline):
  • Price: £47.77.

Total price: £416.76.

Overall I guess the above is okay, but IMO if you want a home gym you're better off trying to save and invest in some awesome equipment that will last you a while. A proper olympic bar, bumper plates, a squat rack and a bench that is rated to a much higher weight etc.
tooosh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can pick up a complete set on ebay for £200-300 used. They're iron plates and stuff, who cares if they're a bit scuffed up.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks guys, i want a mix of cardio and weights. So far i have a treadmill and dumb bells.
Think i will add a rowing machine or cross trainer and definitely a bench and barbell with more weights.
Observatory
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't need to spend money to do cardio. Running isn't less effective if you do it in the street. The opposite in fact.

The most useful single piece of home fitness equipment is a pull-up bar. But if you want to spend >£400, go for a squat rack and plates and you can use the rack to do pull-ups.
tooosh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Thanks guys, i want a mix of cardio and weights. So far i have a treadmill and dumb bells.
Think i will add a rowing machine or cross trainer and definitely a bench and barbell with more weights.
If you already have a treadmill you don't need anything else.

IMO you should sell your treadmill, spend a bit on some decent running shoes and put the rest towards a power rack etc.
Apocalyptic Fish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pull up bar.
LukeM90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
bench and squat rack with bar would cover you as others said but they take up alot of space imo (if you get decent ones)

IF the space and money of those was a problem id say just get dumbells and a pull up bar, combine the pull - up/chin up with some dumbell excersises (can realisticaly cover most of the body if not all)

and perhaps even bodyweight to assist

obviously its hard to do a dumbell bench or flies without a bench but you could find a wall in your garden or somin similar and use that (fitness doesnt have to be expensive)

Failing that you probably dont wana go to a gym but if you can afford upto 30 a month you will have your whole body covered, plus extra weights once you get to the max of your cheap set, and extra equipment if you fancy a change,

also liklihood of a pool or other facilities!
Terk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
WTF do ppl need treadmills, do you have social anxiety or are really insecure or something that you cant go outside and run? especially in this time of the year.
nopenopenope
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LukeM90)
bench and squat rack with bar would cover you as others said but they take up alot of space imo (if you get decent ones)

IF the space and money of those was a problem id say just get dumbells and a pull up bar, combine the pull - up/chin up with some dumbell excersises (can realisticaly cover most of the body if not all)

and perhaps even bodyweight to assist

obviously its hard to do a dumbell bench or flies without a bench but you could find a wall in your garden or somin similar and use that (fitness doesnt have to be expensive)

Failing that you probably dont wana go to a gym but if you can afford upto 30 a month you will have your whole body covered, plus extra weights once you get to the max of your cheap set, and extra equipment if you fancy a change,

also liklihood of a pool or other facilities!
What about legs?
LukeM90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nopenopenope)
What about legs?
bodyweight, dumbell squat, goblet squat (also dumbell), dumbell lunges, calf raises (also with dumbell if required)

dumbells can actually cover alot tbh, how better or worse it is to a barbell is irrelivant, if it comes down to saving money an space, dumbells are better,

but I would opt for a barbell and bench if I had the option (i.e. money and spce)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads