Difference between Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering? Watch

AVB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Applied for and put Aeronautical at Lboro as my first choice and Aerospace at Liverpool as my reserve.

Is the difference between the two courses (Aeronautical and Aerospace - not referring to the Uni specific courses) significant? I mean, for example, I hear many students completing Aerospace degrees go on to work in F1 racing; would this still be viable for someone with an Aeronautical degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SillyEddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At a technical level, I think the only difference is that "aerospace" extends beyond the atmosphere, and "aeronautical" stays within it.

I've heard that both courses are fairly identical though.

So yeah, either should suffice. I looked at the course structure on the website, and they're basically the same.
0le
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is no difference whatsoever at my uni. My course had its name changed from aeronautical to aerospace but the content stayed the same. The only thing I recollect was that the space module became a compulsory unit as opposed to remaining optional, but this may be unconnected to the name change.
AVB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay cheers guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads