Is it ever possible to fully beat bullies at work? Watch

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have successfully smoked out my manager at work, as he now knows I know he is a corrupt bully.

However, there is little chance of taking it further as there is no evidence, plus at my work, people don't want to stick up for the person making the complaints.

I'm now at the stage where I am going to start looking for new jobs, as my lack of faith in the system has made my position untenable, yet this got me thinking...

Is it true that once you have been selected as the victim you have automatically lost your job one way or the other?
pmc:producer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If your asking if you can be managed out the door, then yes - easily. It's sad really but in business most organisations adopt the 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' attitude and if your face doesn't fit, there's little chance you'll progress.

Quick edit here: if your situation is really that bad and you're seriously considering leaving/finding new employment. Log everything from here on in and look up the term 'constructive dismissal'.
Justpin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not really because they are in a position of power above you and can find a spurious reason to get rid of you should you turn into a threat to them.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
(Original post by pmc:producer)
If your asking if you can be managed out the door, then yes - easily. It's sad really but in business most organisations adopt the 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' attitude and if your face doesn't fit, there's little chance you'll progress.

Quick edit here: if your situation is really that bad and you're seriously considering leaving/finding new employment. Log everything from here on in and look up the term 'constructive dismissal'.
My manager is very manipulative and twists things to make me look bad to other people. He also lies and denies saying things to make me look stupid when my actions were based on his words.

If he is telling people I am a liar and a troublemaker who doesn't like being told off/reprimanded, then it means he can make that reprimand completely corrupt and nasty (in terms of his choice of words to me) as when I make a complaint about him, nobody believes me anyway.

By standing up for myself, I play into his hands.

How did it ever come to this?
usergame
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does the organisation you work at have union supporters? If so, it would be worth to start paying into that and to get some advice. It's not much a month, when I've had troubles they have been excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zshoom
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Poo in his filing cabinet.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
(Original post by usergame)
Does the organisation you work at have union supporters? If so, it would be worth to start paying into that and to get some advice. It's not much a month, when I've had troubles they have been excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unions are not the way to go. As a proud Tory, I despise them (although I am a member from years ago which I have not bothered cancelling).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (49)
44.95%
Pro-humanity (60)
55.05%

Watched Threads