Extended Essay Help English? Watch

Adrianna Vega
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm going to be starting IB this year and I've begun to think about my EE topic. I'd really like to do something on the book Futility by Morgan Robertson, and how it relates to the sinking of the Titanic. For those that don't know, Futility (Wreck of the Titan) was a novella about a sinking ship written 14 years before the sinking of the Titanic, with eerie similarities between the book and the actual sinking. I'd like to talk about the similarities, prophecies, psychics, and all of that. I know that the EE has to be very specific, and I was wondering how to phrase my question and how to narrow it down to get it to be specific? Thank you!!
Blazees
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is there a link between prophecies and psychics?
Blazees
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is there a link between prophecies and psychics?Maybe you could say something like"Did the author of the book envision the sinking of the Titanic?" Or maybe"How similar is the book to the sinking of the titanic?"

Hope this helps
Matt
Blazees
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Reply if it does,I'd like to know!
Adrianna Vega
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Well, I'm not exactly sure if psychics would be the right word. I was looking up prophecies, and happened to research Nostradamus, who is believed to have predicted many events in recent history. He was referred to as a "seer" in 16th century France, and there was a direct correlation between him being a "seer" and his prophecies, considering that one resulted in the other. I wasn't very confident with using the word "seer," because I wasn't sure people would understand, thus I tried for the closest and the word that came to mind was psychic. I apologize if that caused any confusion! But thank you for your suggestion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise