The Student Room Group

Clearing and Finance for England

Hey guys!

I'm an EU national and in February I have received a conditional offer to study Law at The University of Strathclyde. Having said that, I have not met their requirements so most likely I will end up in Clearing.

While in Clearing though I would like to look for University vacancies from England as well. And this means that I have to apply for Student Finance for England too.

My questions are as follows:
1. Do I still have time to apply for Student Finance in England? What is the deadline for EU students?
2. If so, what do I write in "section 4: about your course and university of college" where they ask for the name and course? Because I do not know exactly where I will end up (at which Uni) in Clearing.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by PaulAtreides
Hey guys!

I'm an EU national and in February I have received a conditional offer to study Law at The University of Strathclyde. Having said that, I have not met their requirements so most likely I will end up in Clearing.

While in Clearing though I would like to look for University vacancies from England as well. And this means that I have to apply for Student Finance for England too.

My questions are as follows:
1. Do I still have time to apply for Student Finance in England? What is the deadline for EU students?
2. If so, what do I write in "section 4: about your course and university of college" where they ask for the name and course? Because I do not know exactly where I will end up (at which Uni) in Clearing.

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1. You still have time, but you need to apply as soon as possible to ensure that your fee loan won't be paid too late to the university.

2. Put the uni you think you would be most likely to end up at. It can be amended if necessary once your application is approved. It is much better to do this than to delay applying.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply! I'll send in the EU13N form without delay.
But do I have to fill in other documents aside from the EU13N form?
And also do you know what happens if my fee loan won't be paid to the university in time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending