Turn on thread page Beta

My guy friend refused to set me up with a guy....? watch

Announcements

I'm in 2sd year at uni. I've thought a classmate ( A ) cute for a while but we haven't talked that much.

I brought this up as a joke to another guy friend ( B ), who's also A 's housemate. I really didn't expect my guy friend to tell me that he thinks that A, is definitely not compatible with me...

B said the A, was lazy, messy and stubborn. B told me that A wasn't interested in going out with anyone and was only interested in one night stands. B also said that A, said no to a girl who asked him out recently.

I feel a bit upset for some weird reasons... I still think A is cute but I got put down a bit by what my friend told me. What shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in 2sd year at uni. I've thought a classmate ( A ) cute for a while but we haven't talked that much.

I brought this up as a joke to another guy friend ( B ), who's also A 's housemate. I really didn't expect my guy friend to tell me that he thinks that A, is definitely not compatible with me...

B said the A, was lazy, messy and stubborn. B told me that A wasn't interested in going out with anyone and was only interested in one night stands. B also said that A, said no to a girl who asked him out recently.

I feel a bit upset for some weird reasons... I still think A is cute but I got put down a bit by what my friend told me. What shall I do?
    I think there may be two possible reasons why he has told you that you're incompatible - one of them could be that B doesn't want you to go out with A because he actually likes you.

The other is that he actually believes that you are completely wrong for each other and he doesn't want you to waste your time on this guy.

I think maybe you should ask this guy out on your own and see what happens? That is pretty much the only way of seeing what A is like for real

ReputationRep:
    Omg I get this soo much when I ask my girl mates to hook me up with their friends. I think the main reason is that they just want to have all the attention to themselves...even though said girls are in relationships. Maybe it's true for your guy mate too?

ReputationRep:
    B likes you.

(Original post by Crookers)
    B likes you.
    He's got a girlfriend and he's really committed to her. I have to say that I honestly think B wants the best for me. However, I am a bit taken back to ask A anything because B said A has rejected a girl recently
    (Original post by doubledenim)
    I think there may be two possible reasons why he has told you that you're incompatible - one of them could be that B doesn't want you to go out with A because he actually likes you.

The other is that he actually believes that you are completely wrong for each other and he doesn't want you to waste your time on this guy.

I think maybe you should ask this guy out on your own and see what happens? That is pretty much the only way of seeing what A is like for real

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, If my friend asked me to set them up with someone, and that someone would probably reject them, I would prevent it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddenbutterfly)
    Honestly, If my friend asked me to set them up with someone, and that someone would probably reject them, I would prevent it
    How would you know that for sure? :eek:

(Original post by MancBoy)
    Omg I get this soo much when I ask my girl mates to hook me up with their friends. I think the main reason is that they just want to have all the attention to themselves...even though said girls are in relationships. Maybe it's true for your guy mate too?
    (Original post by Crookers)
    B likes you.
    (Original post by hiddenbutterfly)
    (Original post by impir11)
    A is in a relationship and he is committed to his GF. Honestly, I have to say that I trust A because he's my groupmate for 2 years. However, I just feel unsure what to do and I am really taken back when B told me that A rejected a girl recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impir11)
    Because I'd probably know that person's type. Or that someone might be way out of my friend's league

ReputationRep:
    A is in a relationship and he is committed to his GF. Honestly, I have to say that I trust A because he's my groupmate for 2 years. However, I just feel unsure what to do and I am really taken back when B told me that A rejected a girl recently
    B might be very picky when it comes to girls... or you might not be his type &
    A doesn't want you to feel bad.. BUT WHO KNOWS!? I can't judge,all I can say is go with your gut instinct because 90% of the time it's right..

Why not ask him out yourself and take a risk? =D

Simply put, either B likes you himself or he genuinely thinks A would be bad for you.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.