Cost of drinks etc? Watch

Irish-Cailin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm trying to do a budget for uni and I was wondering how much do drinks cost in the HW uni bars? I've heard they're really cheap
Also could anybody tell me how much the food costs? Like a standard breakfast or dinner?
BellaMac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey The union offersselected pints (Carlsberg and Strongbow + another one) for 2 quid, vodka mixer for 1.50 and they always have special offer nights like 99p fridays or similar. The food at the union is quite cheap, but not the best either. I hope they change the cook this year!

Food can go from £1 (bowl of soup with a bread roll, they're usually very good!) to something like a chicken box/chinese noodles/burger (delish!) for £3.85. You also have a choice of salad which is also around 3.50 and sandwiches at elements (2.85 for a footlong, 1.85 for a normal sandwich). You also get pizza and wraps at The Piece for around the same prices. If you're looking for a proper meal like pasta/rice/tatties with meat/fish and veg you can go upstairs from the canteen (not many students know this) and get that for £4 something.

Hope this helped
Irish-Cailin
Rep:
?
(Original post by BellaMac)
Hey The union offersselected pints (Carlsberg and Strongbow + another one) for 2 quid, vodka mixer for 1.50 and they always have special offer nights like 99p fridays or similar. The food at the union is quite cheap, but not the best either. I hope they change the cook this year!

Food can go from £1 (bowl of soup with a bread roll, they're usually very good!) to something like a chicken box/chinese noodles/burger (delish!) for £3.85. You also have a choice of salad which is also around 3.50 and sandwiches at elements (2.85 for a footlong, 1.85 for a normal sandwich). You also get pizza and wraps at The Piece for around the same prices. If you're looking for a proper meal like pasta/rice/tatties with meat/fish and veg you can go upstairs from the canteen (not many students know this) and get that for £4 something.

Hope this helped
Thanks so much that's great value alcohol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
J9001
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh man, that is really cheap! I wonder if they're watered down then?

I'll actually be able to drink on my budget! Hoorah!!
PotterLaw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's so cheap it actually made me cry thinking about how much I have spent on alcohol at my central London Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Irish-Cailin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PotterLaw)
That's so cheap it actually made me cry thinking about how much I have spent on alcohol at my central London Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much is stuff there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
PotterLaw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Irish-Cailin)
How much is stuff there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends where you go. Say a club on a student night, doubles are £3 or more.
On a normal night you're looking at between £5-£9.

In our student bar a pint of snake bite on a Wednesday was like £1.50. Other times it could be £3. Spirit and mixers are about £3.50

Posted from TSR Mobile
PotterLaw
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In first year we had this one pub near halls that was £1 a pint on a Saturday.....until someone fell through the window (because they were so drunk) and lost an eye. There's always 1 that ruins it....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Irish-Cailin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PotterLaw)
In first year we had this one pub near halls that was £1 a pint on a Saturday.....until someone fell through the window (because they were so drunk) and lost an eye. There's always 1 that ruins it....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha unfortunate, mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads