Turn on thread page Beta

Measurements when buying clothes? watch

Announcements

Just a quick question When you're buying clothes, are you supposed to buy the one closest to your own measurements, or should you go a size up to give a little room?

It's just, I've found a nice jacket on ebay, but the only size they have left is one for a 25 inch waist.
    My waist is about 24.5 inches, and I'm worried if I get the jacket it might be too tight? Or will it fit okay so long as you aren't bigger than 25 inches?

Thanks Sorry if this seems a stupid question, it's just I won't be able to take it back

ReputationRep:
    I know im a guy but this may help, I think it depends on the material and how its fitted, for example I have a leather jacket that fits closely and is a mens Medium (M) yet I bought a dress coat to go over my suit for weddings, interviews etc and it was also a Medium and I couldnt get it on let alone close it, because it was more tighter fit and less flexible material lol

So I had to get a (L) large in the dress coat,

as for your own predicament, you could risk it and never have any problems with it at all I think it really depends on the material and how they size it, if its 25 inch and your below that that should give you half an inch give, are you hoping to zip/fasten it? because if not it might be great, though it may be a bit tight fastened,

if they allow returns you could always just buy it and see, then return it if it is too tight

ReputationRep:
    That should fit. I don't usually go by measurements because if I did I'd never get clothes that fit. I find they're very flexible

(Original post by LukeM90)
    I know im a guy but this may help, I think it depends on the material and how its fitted, for example I have a leather jacket that fits closely and is a mens Medium (M) yet I bought a dress coat to go over my suit for weddings, interviews etc and it was also a Medium and I couldnt get it on let alone close it, because it was more tighter fit and less flexible material lol

So I had to get a (L) large in the dress coat,

as for your own predicament, you could risk it and never have any problems with it at all I think it really depends on the material and how they size it, if its 25 inch and your below that that should give you half an inch give, are you hoping to zip/fasten it? because if not it might be great, though it may be a bit tight fastened,

if they allow returns you could always just buy it and see, then return it if it is too tight
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    That should fit. I don't usually go by measurements because if I did I'd never get clothes that fit. I find they're very flexible
    Alright, thank guys!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.