Turn on thread page Beta

Gaining my Certificate of Higher Education? watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm leaving my current university to move onto a different course and my lecturer told me I could get a certificate of higher education for my first year as I managed to get a first and don't want to leave with nothing. This lecturer's left now so there's no other starting until September. I've asked my department - nothing, I've gone into my campus' student services - they told me to ask my department as they didn't know, I've emailed the department and various people in that department - no reply, I've emailed the main student services - they said they didn't know and was posting it to a forum to ask them (no reply).
    I really don't know who else to ask, surely I'm not the first person to want to gain this certificate?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go into the department and say you weren't leaving until they've set it in motion for you to receive it personally you've earned it and it sounds to me like they just can't be bothered giving it to you (as as you've said, many people will have left the course before you.)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sadpanda123)
    I'd go into the department and say you weren't leaving until they've set it in motion for you to receive it personally you've earned it and it sounds to me like they just can't be bothered giving it to you (as as you've said, many people will have left the course before you.)
    I didn't really want to go all the way over there again, but I agree, I doubt they'll be any other way of getting it really :/ They all keep looking at me dumbstruck like they've never heard of it before. I'll keep on at them

ReputationRep:
    Be aware that not all Unis offer this. Your lecturer may be assuming your Uni does because somewhere else they worked did. Even if your Uni does, you have to formally resign your place to be eligible for this - ie. its an 'exit' award not an interim qualification.

Even if they do, it will not be instant - you may have to wait several months to actually get the piece of paper, its not something they'll just print off while you are in the office. If you are applying to other Unis, you simply need the record of your 1st year course results (called a transcript) which is much easier for you to ask for/get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Be aware that not all Unis offer this. Your lecturer may be assuming your Uni does because somewhere else they worked did. Even if your Uni does, you have to formally resign your place to be eligible for this - ie. its an 'exit' award not an interim qualification.

Even if they do, it will not be instant - you may have to wait several months to actually get the piece of paper, its not something they'll just print off while you are in the office. If you are applying to other Unis, you simply need the record of your 1st year course results (called a transcript) which is much easier for you to ask for/get.
    Yeah this, I left after first year and technically had to 'graduate' to get my certificate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.