Turn on thread page Beta

University Clothes (male) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! Im going to university after this summer and i would just like a basic guideline to how many clothes i should buy.

This is what i thought i would bring, please let me know what YOU think.

2 leather jackets (one black one brown)
    5 or so hoodys, 1 grey, 1 white, 3 other colours.
    1 trenchcoat and/or 1 doublebreasted overcoat thingy
    5 buttoned shirts (check Abercrombiefitch to see what kind i mean)
    10 or so Tshirts.
    2 jeans and 3 chinos

Thats what i want to BUY, but ill have a few tshirts and things that i already have as well.

EDIT:
    Ill be buying these in the UK so airport baggage is not a problem

ReputationRep:
    I never realised leather jackets were back in fashion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I think that's fine really but what about more jeans/ joggers/ shorts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglynx)
    Hi all! Im going to university after this summer and i would just like a basic guideline to how many clothes i should buy.

This is what i thought i would bring, please let me know what YOU think.

2 leather jackets (one black one brown)
    5 or so hoodys, 1 grey, 1 white, 3 other colours.
    1 trenchcoat and/or 1 doublebreasted overcoat thingy
    5 buttoned shirts (check Abercrombiefitch to see what kind i mean)
    10 or so Tshirts.
    2 jeans and 3 chinos

Thats what i want to BUY, but ill have a few tshirts and things that i already have as well.
    University and course? - I think for medicine, for example, some formal clothes would be required.

Sounds fine... what about shorts though?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you going? I made the mistake of packing in late summer when it was lovely and warm, forgetting that Nottingham gets pretty arctic in the winter :rolleyes:. You might want some stuff for just lounging around in - tracksuits and shorts or something.

ReputationRep:
    turnin up to lectures in vest and shorts not giving a ****. i wouldn't bring so many jackets though how many do you need..

ReputationRep:
    Fewer tees, get a polo or two. Also get another pair of jeans at the expense of one of your pairs of chinos. No need for three pairs if you're going to be wearing tee shirts all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think that's fine, maybe more tops though idk
    I've been considering taking my entire wardrobe as I wouldn't like to leave anything behind

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    I'm a girl and I think that's fine really but what about more jeans/ joggers/ shorts?
    See i'll only be wearing shorts to the gym, and joggers when im out on weekends for a quick shop, so i wont be wearing them as much.

Maybe more jeans though! (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    Where are you going? I made the mistake of packing in late summer when it was lovely and warm, forgetting that Nottingham gets pretty arctic in the winter :rolleyes:. You might want some stuff for just lounging around in - tracksuits and shorts or something.
    Bham for medicine!

For me lounging around clothes would be those grey joggers and a hoody, but i really dont have a clue right now cause i spend my days in my PJ's! hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1))
    Realising now that the amount of clothes I took was stupid. Do you really need two leather jackets? Take a waterproof or something instead? Trackies/Joggers are a must for any self-respecting uni student.
    Hmmm i really like the hoody and jacket look hahaha, i guess ill limit that to one though!

Ill be getting joggers/hoody just to lounge about in tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Fewer tees, get a polo or two. Also get another pair of jeans at the expense of one of your pairs of chinos. No need for three pairs if you're going to be wearing tee shirts all the time.
    See ill be wearing proper shirts and chinos more than jeans/tees because ill be a medical student and they have to look a tad bit more presentable (not taking anything away from other majors)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppet Science)
    University and course? - I think for medicine, for example, some formal clothes would be required.

Sounds fine... what about shorts though?
    Medicine at birmingham mate.

I dont think ill be needing shorts, maybe only to the gym and stuff? Cause i live in the UAE right now and i cope without them hahaha

ReputationRep:
    BTW GUYS: ill be buying all of these in UK so airport baggage is not a problem!

ReputationRep:
    Bham for medicine!

For me lounging around clothes would be those grey joggers and a hoody, but i really dont have a clue right now cause i spend my days in my PJ's! hahaha
    Haha, I'm a medic too! Just finished first year. Bear in mind you'll need a smart shirt (blue or white are safe) and some dark smart trousers for clinical visits right from week 2, so be sure to bring those too.
    edit - oops, you're in Birmingham. Do you start clinical early too? If so, you'll need to check your dress code - a few of our guys got a major *******ing for wearing polls and chinos in hospital

ReputationRep:
    See i'll only be wearing shorts to the gym, and joggers when im out on weekends for a quick shop, so i wont be wearing them as much.

Maybe more jeans though! (Y)
    Yeah, I couldn't imagine what you've written would've been enough of a variety. Maybe a few casual pairs and one more smart pair of jeans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    Haha, I'm a medic too! Just finished first year. Bear in mind you'll need a smart shirt (blue or white are safe) and some dark smart trousers for clinical visits right from week 2, so be sure to bring those too.
    edit - oops, you're in Birmingham. Do you start clinical early too? If so, you'll need to check your dress code - a few of our guys got a major *******ing for wearing polls and chinos in hospital
    Ah well done! Erm, from what i understand, we start clinicals in year 3 or 4 BUT we do have 10 GP days every year.

Im sure theyll let us know about the dress code before they let us loose haha. Btw what sort of dark smart trousers are we talking of. Shall i just wear a suit without a blazer? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    Yeah, I couldn't imagine what you've written would've been enough of a variety. Maybe a few casual pairs and one more smart pair of jeans?
    Sounds like a plan! thanks for the help!

Btw, as a girl, what places would you reccommend to buy from. I've been looking at abercrombie and fitch but theyre a tad bit expensive!

ReputationRep:
    You will need a pair of thick black glasses with no lenses, giant headphones, a giant handbad, trainers with different coloured laces, dirty ragged jeans and blonde hair dye with a yellow volkswagen beetle.

:daydreaming:

Jokes. Congrats on getting into medicine. In almost a decades time, we will be at eachothers throats trying to get into specialty training.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.