The Student Room Group

Basic maintenance loan and HMRC Sponsor 2 income variance exception returned

Hi,
I have received a letter along with a declaration form. The letter indicates that I am entitled of the basic tuition fee and the basic maintenance loan, which was not based on household income. At the bottom of the letter it also states that if i want to be assessed based on my household income "HMRC Sponsor 2 income variance exception returned".
What does it mean by "HMRC Sponsor 2 income variance exception returned" and how do I send it?
How will I get the initial maintenance loan which I had requested in my student finance application?

Thankyou
Hi Meerak,

Sponsor 2 is your Mum. If there is an income variance then this means that when we tried to verify the income information that your Mum gave us on your application HMRC disagreed with the figure. A letter will be on it's way to your Mum to ask her to provide evidence of her actual income amount for 11/12. Once your Mum's actual income amount has been confirmed we'll be able to income assess your for a grant.

Hope this explains,
Mark-Lee
Reply 2
Question, what if my online account says I’m entitled to the full 9k maintenance loan but the letter they sent me says I’m only entitled to 4K?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Acemm
Question, what if my online account says I’m entitled to the full 9k maintenance loan but the letter they sent me says I’m only entitled to 4K?

Hi, we only award the basic funding at first until your sponsor submits their financial details and we re assess your application.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest