The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

So I got into strathclyde! :smile: so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Text finally came at 8..
And I got 5As!! :ahee:
I'm so thrilled, should be able to get a few unconditionals now.

Well done to everyone else too! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got :
Business - B
Maths - B
Chem - C
Physics - C
Eng - D

So which unis can I apply to for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellenator
Text finally came at 8..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh, those results are definitely worth waiting for! Congratulations, amazing :smile:
Reply 1184
Do you think that my school will allow me to do AH History with a C at higher. I am doing the social science baccalaureate and so taking AH Modern Studies (got an A at higher), AH History (if they wll let me) and H English to qualify to do it.
I really want to complete the full thing but my school recommend a B at higher to do AH History but i think i would cope with the course with a C at higher. Im worried they wont let me do it and cant find out until we go back next week... Help?

Has anybody else sat AH History with a C at higher?
Just woke up, has anyone got their letter yet, my posty normally comes at 2 but he might come later since hell have more letters :frown:
Original post by Aay
Dont think ill get through to my school today? Ill just phone and see.

Your at Holyrood right? remember me? I'm at KP, I phoned and they gave me mine :biggrin: so Try phoning them
Ha! AAAAA! Soooo happy!! :biggrin:
hey guys, quick question.

my brother got his results and he exceed his firm offer therefore allowing him to be eligible for adjustment. my question is this - when can he sign up for adjustment ? is when the a-level results come out? or can he do it now?

Thanks
Reply 1189
Actually pretty happy got
B-history
B-English
C-product. Hopefully appeal was two off an a in prelim
C-pe
YAY! 3As - Advanced Higher Biology, Advanced Higher Chemistry and Higher French! :biggrin:

Extremely chuffed with my brother who got seven 1s and a 2 at Standard Grade! Hehe, he's on holiday as well, so I couldn't say the look of amazement, happiness and shock on his face! :tongue:

Went to bed at 4:45am last night, no email or text and it says the email came at 1:24am? What's up with you, SQA? Text came at 8am.

Well done to you all here! Some great results! :biggrin: You should all be proud. Even if you haven't performed as well as expected, don't be too disheartened. There are lots of different options, and take this as a learning stage in your life.
You never know, it may lead to better things :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Intermediate 2 results:

Administration: A
Business Management: A
Chemistry: A
Drama: A
English: A
French: A
Geography: A
Mathematics: A
Physical Education: A
Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies: A

pretty chuffed since i doubted myself
Original post by georgia.17
So I got into strathclyde! :smile: so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :biggrin: My friend goes to Strathy and she loves it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellenator
Text finally came at 8..

Can definitely get a few UCs with that! CONGRATS!!! Any ideas what you might want to apply for!?

Original post by lala4
Do you think that my school will allow me to do AH History with a C at higher. I am doing the social science baccalaureate and so taking AH Modern Studies (got an A at higher), AH History (if they wll let me) and H English to qualify to do it.
I really want to complete the full thing but my school recommend a B at higher to do AH History but i think i would cope with the course with a C at higher. Im worried they wont let me do it and cant find out until we go back next week... Help?

It's entirely up to the discretion of your school, unfortunately, so we can't tell you. The SQA guidance for entry into an Advanced Higher is simply "an award at Higher", but remember that's just their recommendation. Your school has the final decision in the matter, and I'm afraid there's nothing else to it, really. You just have to try to convince them to let you! Sorry we can't be of more help. :frown:

Original post by Sparticon
Ha! AAAAA! Soooo happy!! :biggrin:

Congratulations. Genuinely couldn't get any better! :biggrin:

Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
hey guys, quick question.

my brother got his results and he exceed his firm offer therefore allowing him to be eligible for adjustment. my question is this - when can he sign up for adjustment ? is when the a-level results come out? or can he do it now?

Thanks

Adjustment goes live on A-level results day - 15th of August, and then from that point you've got 5 days to make an Adjustment choice. I'm not sure if he can register now in advance - there'll be a button on Track if he can - but if not, then he'll have to wait until the 15th!

Original post by FeelingofSuccess
YAY! 3As - Advanced Higher Biology, Advanced Higher Chemistry and Higher French! :biggrin:

Extremely chuffed with my brother who got seven 1s and a 2 at Standard Grade! Hehe, he's on holiday as well, so I couldn't say the look of amazement, happiness and shock on his face! :tongue:

Went to bed at 4:45am last night, no email or text and it says the email came at 1:24am? What's up with you, SQA? Text came at 8am.

Well done to you all here! Some great results! :biggrin: You should all be proud. Even if you haven't performed as well as expected, don't be too disheartened. There are lots of different options, and take this as a learning stage in your life.
You never know, it may lead to better things :smile:

Phwoar, great grades! Are you off to uni in September then, or what?

Original post by student1574
Intermediate 2 results:

Administration: A
Business Management: A
Chemistry: A
Drama: A
English: A
French: A
Geography: A
Mathematics: A
Physical Education: A
Religious Moral and Philosophical Studies: A

pretty chuffed since i doubted myself

10 Int 2s!? Congratulations, mate, those are amazing results. Off to 5th year, then? :wink:

Original post by Johnm75
Actually pretty happy got
B-history
B-English
C-product. Hopefully appeal was two off an a in prelim
C-pe

Congrats! Are you going into 6th year now? Or is that you finished? :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Where can I find the grade boundaries?
So how is everybody celebrating?

Personally I plan to overindulge on a lot of chocolate today, alcohol tonight and spend a ridiculous amount of money on clothes in London.
:ninja: the simpler things in life!
Original post by lala4

It's up to the school.

I'll say this: I also got a C at Higher History but my teacher still said that I could sit Advanced Higher. Since I was to be the only one on the course, I turned it down (wishing I hadn't. Being literally the only one would mean that I could have gotten a great result).

I got a D for Higher Physics too. They allowed me to take Advanced Higher, and I've just gotten a B for Advanced Higher.

Really, it's down to the school. If they think you're capable, they should still let you on. History was my best subject up until the exam, as it were.
Reply 1197
Bonzer - I got 6 As at Band 1.
Reply 1198
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

It's entirely up to the discretion of your school, unfortunately, so we can't tell you. The SQA guidance for entry into an Advanced Higher is simply "an award at Higher", but remember that's just their recommendation. Your school has the final decision in the matter, and I'm afraid there's nothing else to it, really. You just have to try to convince them to let you! Sorry we can't be of more help. :frown:

Okay thank you! I will try my best to convince them. The head of social subjects is also my mod studs teacher so maybe since i got an A in modern studies and considering what band my C in history was he might let me sit the course. Will find out Wednesday hopefully.
Reply 1199
Original post by ScotsLad
Bonzer - I got 6 As at Band 1.

And how, pray tell, did you find out your bandings? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending