The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1420
Original post by moddom
Have just called Dundee re Law. My conditional offer was 2 Bs and I got an A and a C today. I already have AAB. They said they were reconsidering all conditional offers and would update UCAS in the next few days.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on. :smile:
AH physics - A
AH chemistry - A (which makes no sense at all)
AH maths - A
more than making up for my terrible results last year.
Reply 1422
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
That's great! Check back in a few days and see how things have gone: fingers crossed that they accept you. :smile:

Original post by Ecosse_14
Good luck! Let us know how you get on. :smile:

Thank you both. I just feel that maybe a lot of the availability in clearing will be gone by the time I find out. Dundee also have LLB Scots Law in clearing through SIMD 40 - do you know if I will be able to reapply through this if I get turned down? Many thanks for your help
Reply 1423
Original post by moddom
Thank you both. I just feel that maybe a lot of the availability in clearing will be gone by the time I find out. Dundee also have LLB Scots Law in clearing through SIMD 40 - do you know if I will be able to reapply through this if I get turned down? Many thanks for your help

If it's for a (slightly) different law course then possibly, although they could also offer you an unconditional for a changed course. If you're already waiting to hear about LLB Scots Law then they'll take into consideration your postcode when making their final offer so it would be pointless going through clearing for it again.
Reply 1424
If it's for a (slightly) different law course then possibly, although they could also offer you an unconditional for a changed course. If you're already waiting to hear about LLB Scots Law then they'll take into consideration your postcode when making their final offer so it would be pointless going through clearing for it again.

Ah okay thanks anyway. I had applied for Law with Spanish but at the open day they said everyone does their first year the same anyway so probably same conditions. Just have to keep my fingers crossed - I have my insurance of Robert Gordons or may take a year out.
Before I go out felt like I should say thanks to Scott and Ecosse for being a massive help to a lot of people, and I know everyone here on ScotQuals appreciates you both giving up your day to help us all and share your wisdom. :h:
I'm very glad things are looking up for you. :smile:

I'm not actually sure that doing 5 Highers after the level 5 certificate would be a good option for you; yours is a very unique case (I've been on the medicine forum here for 2 and a half years now and I've literally never seen anyone in your circumstances :tongue:)! I'd recommend getting in touch with med school admissions directly and ask if they would consider you via this route, just to be sure. And let me know what they say! Because I'd quite like to know, too. :tongue:

As for alternatives that you asked about before, many alternatives exist! There are access courses, foundation courses, and the like. There are courses that allow you to transfer over to medicine during study, you could do a degree and apply as a graduate to the 4-year accelerated programme, or even for the 5 year again! How suitable these various routes are to you or how likely they are to achieve you a place, I couldn't be sure because I don't have much knowledge of getting into med school outside of the standard route and GEM. These are just more things for you to consider and to look into - I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you!

Thanks for that! :smile: I also have an offer for an Access to Degree Studies programme, which I am seriously considering.. but I just thought the college option would be not only a faster route of getting into Medicine, but also a cheaper one!

I'll phone up a few universities tomorrow and see where they would stand on the college route and let you know what they say! So confused! :confused:
Reply 1427
Original post by moddom
Ah okay thanks anyway. I had applied for Law with Spanish but at the open day they said everyone does their first year the same anyway so probably same conditions. Just have to keep my fingers crossed - I have my insurance of Robert Gordons or may take a year out.

If you applied for Law with Spanish then it's always worth trying your luck with the SIMD 40 places if you want to. They could even let you change to Law with Spanish after your 1st year anyway if you all study the same for that year.

Original post by hollieeilloh
Before I go out felt like I should say thanks to Scott and Ecosse for being a massive help to a lot of people, and I know everyone here on ScotQuals appreciates you both giving up your day to help us all and share your wisdom. :h:

Aww, you wee cutie. This genuinely does mean a lot, thank you! :h:
I hope you're off to celebrate hard? :biggrin:

Awwwh, thank you so much, hols. I really appreciate it. :colondollar:
Have a nice night tonight. You deserve it. :smile:

Original post by tinalikescheese
Thanks for that! :smile: I also have an offer for an Access to Degree Studies programme, which I am seriously considering.. but I just thought the college option would be not only a faster route of getting into Medicine, but also a cheaper one!

I'll phone up a few universities tomorrow and see where they would stand on the college route and let you know what they say! So confused! :confused:

Sorry if I confused you! Be sure to give them the full information (S5 and S6 studies), your extenuating circumstances and such! Hopefully they'll be able to give you a clear "yes"! :biggrin:
Original post by shannon95
I'm going to HW to study that in September and you should be fine with grades like that as long as one of your As was maths was it? But I would suggest doing advanced maths just incase :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, A for Maths. I'm taking Adv. Maths this year anyway, because I enjoy it so much! Hahah hopefully I get an unconditional, I don't think I could cope knowing this time next year I had to get a specific result to get in :eek:

Well I hope you enjoy the course, maybe I'll see you next year hehe :tongue:
Original post by moddom

Good luck hope you get into dundee
Original post by -Neuro-
"Getting £250 for my results"

Wait, what ?
Original post by Ziggiezag
Yeah, A for Maths. I'm taking Adv. Maths this year anyway, because I enjoy it so much! Hahah hopefully I get an unconditional, I don't think I could cope knowing this time next year I had to get a specific result to get in :eek:

This time next year you'd already have your specific results!! It's results' day, remember!? :biggrin:

Original post by Bromaldehyde
Wait, what ?

She's jealous of her friends getting dat der' cash money.
I got 5As and received 20 pounds for my troubles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awwwh, thank you so much, hols. I really appreciate it. :colondollar:
Have a nice night tonight. You deserve it. :smile:

Aww, you wee cutie. This genuinely does mean a lot, thank you! :h:
I hope you're off to celebrate hard? :biggrin:

Well it's true! Deserves recognition :cool: thank you and yup, celebrations in a couple of hours! :biggrin:
Reply 1435
Well it's true! Deserves recognition :cool: thank you and yup, celebrations in a couple of hours! :biggrin:

Enjoy it :yep: :h:
Calling Hype Scott just feels wrong :P

Stick to usernames people !

I prefer Scott. :hand:

Those are brilliant grades! Congratulations. Going to stick around TSR in 5th year? :tongue:

yeah I will be! has anyone ever crashed higher biology? i was planning on but never, but I might next year.. But I want to know if its doable, I'm taking chemistry and physics if that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If someone referred to me as 'hollieeilloh' I'd probably think they were a bit mental for not figuring out my name! :tongue: Not many people actually call me Hollie anyway haha :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending