The Student Room Group

Have you ever / do you go to therapy/counselling etc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irish-Cailin
What are the side effects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With the packet you get a list longer than your arm listing side effects from neck ache to death.

But my experience was as follows;
Massive Heart burn if taken without eating prior.
No appetite
No thirst
No craving to smoke (I was a smoker at the time)
Sleeping all the time.
Shaking. Each and every morning my hand would shake for a good two hours and them tremble for the rest of the day.
Ecstatic happiness even when it was not appropriate to be that happy (Such as a memorial service).
And the most severe of them all, Memory Loss. I barely remember the 6 months that I was taking them. Only fragments.

Also you can't really drink on them. One double whiskey and I was trollied usually it would have been 4 or 5. They are really dangerous.

They did stop my depression but they destroy you mentally and physically. Some say they are not a quick fix but I found that they were.
A school counsellor, a sexual abuse counsellor, a psychologist, 2 art therapists, 2 community psych nurses, 3 psychiatrists, 2 CBT therapist, DBT, crisis teams, group therapy - I'm a walking encyclopaedia of all possible treatments :P
5 years on, I've been out of therapy for 2 months and am doing really well though am another year off finishing treatment altogether.

Bloody cliche, BUT THINGS DO GET BETTER

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by princess-fab
A school counsellor, a sexual abuse counsellor, a psychologist, 2 art therapists, 2 community psych nurses, 3 psychiatrists, 2 CBT therapist, DBT, crisis teams, group therapy - I'm a walking encyclopaedia of all possible treatments :P
5 years on, I've been out of therapy for 2 months and am doing really well though am another year off finishing treatment altogether.

Bloody cliche, BUT THINGS DO GET BETTER

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was all this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I saw a uni counselor for a while, but they only allocate like 5 sessions max per student and I felt like we just went round and round in circles. I suffer from depression and I self harm, no where near as much as I used to though. I found the counselor quite patronizing at times. I'm not very good at opening up to people I don't trust, and I also had no idea about what I should say.

Quick Reply

Latest