The Student Room Group

Can I continue study from Open Uni to another Uni?

Hello

I have my As and A2 levels, good grades and the grades I got will allow me in to the course I want. However Im due to give birth in a month and I don't want to start uni this September as I want to stay home with my child for the first year shes here and will start next September. I was just wondering that if i did a year of my degree from home with open uni will i be able to use it to continue my study next year at a real university? for example if i apply in December to start uni next september (a four year course) but I already complete a year with open uni when I start the real uni will I only have three years left?
thanks
Avril
Possibly.

It will depend on the course (and structure of that course) you eventually enrol on. The Uni would have to be confident that the OU units you'd done provided the right knowledge/theory base as a prerequisite for entry straight onto Year 2. You'd have to check with the Uni and make sure what OU units you intend to do are appropriate - otherwise you might still have to start the conventional degree from Year 1.

One plus with doing OU with the baby is that it would give you an idea of whether or not you could cope with full-time Uni study before you committed to it at a conventional Uni - which would a lot less flexible or 'child friendly' than OU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending