Igcse ict help :/ Watch

sungna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey so I am doing IGCSE ICT as one of my subjects and I am finding the practial work hard :/ The topics i find difficult are:
*Excel
* Access
If anyone is taking the same course could you please give me some help on this? Thanks so much! :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
StargazerGinny
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am currently doing ALevels from cie and have done IGCSE from edexcel...both in ICT. let me know your doubts

Posted from TSR Mobile
sungna
Rep:
?
StargazerGinny thanks much :getmecoat::yy: I am going into year 11 and doing IGCSE ICT CIE and I am finding practicals :dontknow: is there anything you could suggest that could make it easie and i was wondering is excedel much different to the cie curriculum?, thank you so much x
StargazerGinny
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't see much difference between both the courses as such.
But what you could do is take help from the online websites especially made for ict. They are quite a help.
Furthermore, if you plan on taking Alevels for ict too then get ur concepts right at IGCSE as there ain't much difference in the syllabus...only a couple of chapters and a bit practical differ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sungna
Rep:
?
Ahhh thanks so so much lol after seeing how terrible ict is now i dont think i will be taking it again during my A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
StargazerGinny
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lmfao. It ain't that bad, really. I hate the practicals but most of the theory is pretty logical

Posted from TSR Mobile
sungna
Rep:
?
Yeah i prefer theory im planning on doing law so since i can only do four subjects (right??) I dont think i would take ict unless i ace igcse ict (though i doubt it )
TheKingOfTSR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Edexcel?
http://www.squidoo.com/Information_Technology
The content here enabled me to get a stunning 84/100 although I totally screwed up a couple of practical questions :banghead:
sungna
Rep:
?
Did you do excedel? Omg wow! That is still amazing! well done!!
LuckyMe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sungna)
Hey so I am doing IGCSE ICT as one of my subjects and I am finding the practial work hard :/ The topics i find difficult are:
*Excel
* Access
If anyone is taking the same course could you please give me some help on this? Thanks so much! :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,
I did the CIE IGCSE ICT exam this may so I just thought I'd pop by and tell you what I did.
Excel, I must admit, was probably also my hardest section because there are so many functions that may be used. Anyway, seeing as I sort of self taught ICT cos my teacher was awful, what I did was I downloaded a lot of past papers and did all the practical tests. There aren't many so I just redid them after some time and when there was a function I didn't know, I just googled it.

For Access, try doing past papers. What I found also extremely helpful here was once again google. What I'll like to say is if you're asked to create a report, ALWAYS create a query first and do the editing you can do there. Also, remember, every subsequent report or label should always have a new query from the original data.
Also, when importing a file, do look through the options first cos we were all used to the first option and they kind of changed the format for our exam so I spent roughly about 30 minutes just importing only to find out after the exam that if I had read that first page it would have been much simpler.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions regarding any aspect, feel free to PM me.
sungna
Rep:
?
Omg thanks so much this was definitely helpful! thank you! X
StargazerGinny
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sungna)
Yeah i prefer theory im planning on doing law so since i can only do four subjects (right??) I dont think i would take ict unless i ace igcse ict (though i doubt it )
Um lol, no. I had done 8 at my IGCSE and know people who had take like 12-16.
So you can take as many as you want, as long as you can do them.

And my whole batch got the highest of C in ICT as the printer was trolling on us. Sad times.
That was like my lowest grade. What would I do to change that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
sungna
Rep:
?
Aww shame gosh I hope our printer works properly :/ though a C is okay ahhh ok so you can take more than 4 subjects at A levels?! Cool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads