China or Japan? Watch

KingKlook
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i really want to visit one these countries because I'm in love with their culture and food (and women ) but mainly the culture of china and japan and i know that they might be slightly different but does anyone know which would be better if i truly want to experience the culture and live there for some time? i always think of japan as being more modernised and hi-tech because of places like tokyo and china being more of a peaceful and relaxed place but i dont know im only 17 :')
RedArrow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I'm 21 if that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Angry Stoic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well Japan doesn't have such a horrific human and civil rights record over the past 60 years.

And ditto on the women.
Royaldocks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I am filipino( but I live in Essex ) and have been to both countries

I loved Japan much more but its so bloody expensive . There is no wonder tourist pick China and Thailand much more than japan because its much cheaper .

If your British I really suggest you to live in Hong Kong rather than Tokyo,shanghai or Beijing . Hong kong is much more ''British friendly'' In fact I have met alot of people from Hong kong who hates China and the chinese (mainlanders are what they are called) and would gladly be back at the British hands .

Both countries are good when it comes to preserving their culture so its a tie there but China is much more diverse than Japan .

But for me Japan is the 'coolest' country in asia by mile I have been to The Philippines,China,Singapore,Thai land and Malaysia but Japan just absolutely stands out from the rest
KingKlook
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Royaldocks)
Well I am filipino( but I live in Essex ) and have been to both countries

I loved Japan much more but its so bloody expensive . There is no wonder tourist pick China and Thailand much more than japan because its much cheaper .

If your British I really suggest you to live in Hong Kong rather than Tokyo,shanghai or Beijing . Hong kong is much more ''British friendly'' In fact I have met alot of people from Hong kong who hates China and the chinese (mainlanders are what they are called) and would gladly be back at the British hands .

Both countries are good when it comes to preserving their culture so its a tie there but China is much more diverse than Japan .

But for me Japan is the 'coolest' country in asia by mile I have been to The Philippines,China,Singapore,Thai land and Malaysia but Japan just absolutely stands out from the rest
yeah i guess that makes sense so id be better off staying in china but touring around japan?
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say China.
Kurraiyo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Japan! However it's extremely expensive (like mentioned). I'm of chinese ethnicity though so this might be a bit biased as I would prefer visiting a different country :P
qinglinwei
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Indeed, every country has its own unique charm. Both countries are worth you to visit. It depends on what you are interested in. I have lots of Chinese and Japanese friends, they all very good. However, if I were you, and only one country could be visited at the moment, I would like to choose to travel in China anyway. Firstly, China has a longer history, also it has lots of different national minorities, which can reflect different cultures. Secondly, either Shanghai or Beijing even HK, they are just one part of China, where are familiar with foreigners. So if you want to see some different but original culture, Xian, Nanjing,Chongqing, Tibet would be good places. Last but not least, some Japanese culture we are familiar with are mostly developed from ancient China, so why not go to China and directly see.

However, no matter where you would go, hope you have a good journey.

Wei
TurpanBazaar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Deleted Post
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed