Turn on thread page Beta

Excercise advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im currently on a diet and want to go down two dress sizes. Im more interested is losing weight than toning up, however my sister suggested that I do weights along side cardio as she said it helps to burn fat off better. Is she right? If so what routine is best for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn generally. But doing cardio will increase muscle density anyway so if you're like me and couldn't bear the thought of lifting weights then you don't need to what 'diet' are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catrin_16)
    The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn generally. But doing cardio will increase muscle density anyway so if you're like me and couldn't bear the thought of lifting weights then you don't need to what 'diet' are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your reply Im just cutting back and making better choices really Im keeping track of my calories on mfp.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear you're not on something silly like the Atkins diet or shakes etc. just make sure you don't undereat by too much otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto every calorie- annoying for people trying to lose weight, been there done that!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.