How can i look older? Watch

username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im 18 and everyone who doesnt know me would say i look 15 and thats ridiculous. I want to look my age or older. Im a girl and wear a little foundation, eyeliner and mascara. Im also a little chubby in the face would i look older if i lost weight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beckyweck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Enjoy it while it lasts! Everyone tells me I look 25 and that's just depressing (because I'm not!).

I don't know anything about makeup because I don't wear any but I had a chubby face and when I lost weight, and consequently my chubby cheeks, I looked older. Though that could have something to do with ageing. :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I look younger than I am. People usually guess 2 years younger. It's a combination of being small and having a heart-shaped face with chubby cheeks.

It's not so hot now, but when you're 30 and look 20 it'll be better Not really sure how to remedy it and make you look older - aside from piling on the makeup and with overdone makeup people generally assume you are older and trying to look younger (remember this from a program where a heavily made-up 18 year old went with her mum to ask what they thought their ages were, and she was told she looked about 30...).
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by desdemonata)
I look younger than I am. People usually guess 2 years younger. It's a combination of being small and having a heart-shaped face with chubby cheeks.

It's not so hot now, but when you're 30 and look 20 it'll be better Not really sure how to remedy it and make you look older - aside from piling on the makeup and with overdone makeup people generally assume you are older and trying to look younger (remember this from a program where a heavily made-up 18 year old went with her mum to ask what they thought their ages were, and she was told she looked about 30...).
Was it snog marry avoid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Secretnerd123)
Was it snog marry avoid?
Nah, not that. I think it was some other BBC3 program though, about the girl and her mum.
The_Duck
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Grow a beard. Always works. People think Im about 30 but im 17

Edit: Realised OP is female. Oops.
HanaKimi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The_Duck)

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1039383
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Duck)

Looool i might just do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to have the same problem as you and it used to really annoy me but as Ive gotten older I kind of like being mistaken for being younger. I used to use shading and highlighting on my cheeks to help give my face a more angular thus older apperence (I did find I got asked for ID less when I did this) I cant remember what technique I used as Ive not done it for a few years but you could probably find a tutorial or instructions online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sphodromantis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Smoking a lot, not advised! Or drink a lot, advised! :P
pinksugar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're going somewhere where you need to look a bit older, change bow you dress a bit? buy a leather jacket/ blazer?
JBunny15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hm, I'm 16 and I often get mistaken to be around 19 or 20 (it's no fun when 30 year olds are chasing you for your number trust me!) But I think it is mainly because of a combination of sophisticated makeup and long hair extensions lol.

But seriously, start doing stuff with eyeshadow and experiment with contouring and highlighting. Get extensions put in at the hair dressers if you need to. This is a great tutorial for getting hollywood style curls.

It can also matter how you carry yourself, I find if I'm trying to act older (in theatre) I'm more solemn and less cutesy.

Hope this helps!
Harrie Lyons
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by desdemonata)

Hey I thought you look 18 but maybe that's just me
in answer to OP. I've got a bit of an insecurity about looking young myself but if you are a girl it doesn't really matter
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Harrie Lyons)
Hey I thought you look 18 but maybe that's just me.
My age is stated on my profile so when people are told what age I am beforehand, they always say "oh yeah, you look 18", but whenever I ask someone without them knowing my age first, they guess about 16. Also that selection of photos are from some of the only times I'm wearing make-up, so usually I do look younger because I'm without it.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't worry about it. It gets annoying but it can actually be useful. I'm 24 and can still get a child's ticket on the bus! However it is a bit degrading when a hairdresser asks you if you've broken up from college now (this happened last week!).

Wearing makeup and more mature clothes might help but in reality there's not much you can do. You'll be glad when you're older!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads