Turn on thread page Beta

How many of you used yahoo answers begore you discovered tsr? watch

ReputationRep:
    I remember asking for help on hw and waiting hours and getting no replies when i was in high school. Why didnt i just come on here? Its useful for other stuff though ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes. I have vague memories of even getting that orange 'Top Contributor' thing on my profile because of the hours I spent answering questions in the pets section about cats. Such a saddo I was :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I remember how out dated some threads where and how stupid some answers were can't stand the site now hate it more than Wikipedia

ReputationRep:
    I remember, I remember well. Most of it seemed to be confused 13 year old girls asking questions about periods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    I remember how out dated some threads where and how stupid some answers were can't stand the site now hate it more than Wikipedia
    Woah woah now, don't be too hasty to antipathize. Wikipedia is the Holy Grail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    I remember, I remember well. Most of it seemed to be confused 13 year old girls asking questions about periods.
    Lol oh yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    Woah woah now, don't be too hasty to antipathize. Wikipedia is the Holy Grail.
    Wikipedia is one of the worst sources you could ever use for uni

Yeah, when I was 13 :teehee: Twas so shameful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    Wikipedia is one of the worst sources you could ever use for uni
    No it's not, as a general rule Wikipedias sources are very good, just follow the sources they use and you get your quotable section too.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: I used to spend inordinate amounts of time on that site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auralay)
    Ah yes. I have vague memories of even getting that orange 'Top Contributor' thing on my profile because of the hours I spent answering questions in the pets section about cats. Such a saddo I was :laugh:
    Hahah!

I think I was Top Contributor in one of the most unused travel sections just because I got best answer in like one question :lol:

Seriously though I was unhealthily addicted to that site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I remember asking for help on hw and waiting hours and getting no replies when i was in high school. Why didnt i just come on here? Its useful for other stuff though ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The people on yahoo answers vary more in age and location, meaning that even if the site has more users than TSR, there might be less people who can answer your question. Plus I think I remember on yahoo answers that you're limited to the number of posts in a day, meaning that those who can help you might have already used their limit.

The number of stupid questions on there is unbelievable. I'm not sure if those people are trolling, 6 years old or if they're genuinely that ignorant !?!?!? I just love it when people take the mick out of those people, the replies are hilarious. It's sad if they are genuinely asking a question although I suspect most are trolling.

ReputationRep:
    I used Y!A for 2 whole years before I discovered TSR. But that was even before I started GCSEs. I usually just went on the Polls and Surveys section for a laugh, but since I made an account on this website, I now have a new procrastination device

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember asking/answering much but I had an account and read so many of the questions and answers out of curiosity haha. I don't even understand why I even wasted so much time on it tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Haha. Some of the answers were dumbfoundingly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly just read Yahoo Answers for the funny/silly posts, when I really want a reliable answer I search forums instead

ReputationRep:
    Lol...yes I'm of these people..

ReputationRep:
    I used to go on y/a mainly just to kill time.

I am also in the top leaderboard of several categories, but I didn't like that place at all, I remember I used to see many users with multiple accounts giving themselves best answers ..and there were so many reporting monkeys and top sweepers and users cloning each other..I'm glad I left.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly just read through people's answers on Yahoo too, eventually I stopped using it because I was wasting way too much time reading stuff and then I got this and just do the same thing again :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I used yahoo answers too, good old days :daydreaming: spent a year and a half on it before tsr came my way

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.