Turn on thread page Beta

Broken wrist (k wires) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last year i broke my wrist and had a operation to put k wires inside. I got them out at christmas time and its obviously healed by now. Problem is it still really hurts at times, used to be mostly in the cold but today its really sore. Its still very weak aswell. They didnt give me excercises to do but i just try to move it around as much as possible so it doesnt stiffen up. Im wondering wether i should go back to the doctor and tell them its still sore?

Has anybody had this?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go back to your GP just to see if anything like physio would help.

When I was younger I broke my leg and had a metal rod inserted and I still have some small issues with the movement of my ankle, sadly these things sometimes don't leave you perfectly at 100% again after.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i knew it would never be the same again strength wise but i didnt think it should hurt at this point, the pain seems to come and go. I'll be going to the doctor for my blood results soon so i'll mention it then.

My neighbour had the exact same operation and she said a physio came to see her and gave her a sheet of excercises to do. When i got my wires out the doctor just yanked them out, quickly said dont lift heavy things like pots of water etc and then walked away. That was it, never told me to excercise it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceyc1990)
    Yeah i knew it would never be the same again strength wise but i didnt think it should hurt at this point, the pain seems to come and go. I'll be going to the doctor for my blood results soon so i'll mention it then.

My neighbour had the exact same operation and she said a physio came to see her and gave her a sheet of excercises to do. When i got my wires out the doctor just yanked them out, quickly said dont lift heavy things like pots of water etc and then walked away. That was it, never told me to excercise it
    Yeah I am surprised you didn't get any or a check up to see how it was progressing. Let us know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Yeah I am surprised you didn't get any or a check up to see how it was progressing. Let us know how it goes
    Nope i just got shoved out the door lol, they had been busy because people were falling on the ice and breaking things. Mines was just slipping down a hill - clumsy idiot! They were so busy that my operation had to be cancelled and rearranged after waiting in a bed for the whole day and not being allowed to eat!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2013
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.