Turn on thread page Beta

Ask me owt on reptiles and insects watch

ReputationRep:
    Like question time, you can ask me owt in regards to reptiles, insects. I can debunk myths and solve any bug related problem. Also help to educate you all on these fascinating creatures.
    Also I am bored and I have a lot of time to do owt!
    Yes, I am a ****

ReputationRep:
    Whats the easiest type of snake to keep? Do they all require frozen mammals or live things as food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Whats the easiest type of snake to keep? Do they all require frozen mammals or live things as food?
    The easiest would actually be a Royal Python die to their size and temperament. They a nice handleable snake and easy to look after and when adult usually only need a feed every two weeks. Corn snakes are also good and come in different colour morphs but require more regular feed! Only snakes require mammals. They don't have to be alive necessarily, we only keep them frozen so they last longer as a dead mammal will rot quickly. Dead or not, frozen, we put them in very hot water to replicate boy temp, that way the snake recognises it and will eat it.

ReputationRep:
    any preventative measures for tail rot in bearded dragon? my beardie has a slightly dark tip and i want to stop it from developing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladders)
    any preventative measures for tail rot in bearded dragon? my beardie has a slightly dark tip and i want to stop it from developing.
    Hi, best measures are that you remove anything in which he/she can trap or pinch his tail as tail rot comes from when objects fall or pinch the tail! Also giving him/her a weekly bath should keep it in good nick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Hi, best measures are that you remove anything in which he/she can trap or pinch his tail as tail rot comes from when objects fall or pinch the tail! Also giving him/her a weekly bath should keep it in good nick!
    what should i bathe him in? i read hydrogen peroxide somewhere lol

ReputationRep:
    what should i bathe him in? i read hydrogen peroxide somewhere lol
    Ah, I bathe mine in a sink bowl, like £1 wilkos, and just run some hot water in there. You can use hydrogen peroxide but only a little, it helps to soften the skin! Lol

ReputationRep:
    How long is a snake?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Have you ever (intentionally) eaten insects? Is it something you would consider doing?

ReputationRep:
    Why 6 legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    How long is a snake?
    This can vary, though I believe the average size is like 6/7ft. Though some can grow to 30ft!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Have you ever (intentionally) eaten insects? Is it something you would consider doing?
    Umm, I don't think I have intentionally eaten an insect but I wouldn't mind doing though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    Why 6 legs
    Six legs, with this you have a lot more surface area and more to grip on, this is good for jungle survival with the many textures of the world! This also allows you to remain perfect balance at any angle!

ReputationRep:
    what do you gut-load your live food with ?

ReputationRep:
    I guess you keep Mantids, do you find Fruit Flies wandering around your house? I still do:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    what do you gut-load your live food with ?
    I gut load them, strawberries, parsley, and they love kale and cucumber! You can use bug grub which is a gel that insects eat! But it can be expensive and fruit and veg is just as good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jake_)
    I guess you keep Mantids, do you find Fruit Flies wandering around your house? I still do:unimpressed:
    i keep mealworms for my beardie and we get the odd beetle climbing the walls around the house...i try to be careful though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I find spiders fascinating. Do you like or know about spiders also? I know they aren't insects, but I assumed you'd like them. If so what's your favourite species and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jake_)
    Yh, I find a lot, for large numbers I buy them but for just a few I don't need to hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    I find spiders fascinating. Do you like or know about Arachnids/spiders also?
    Yes! Quite a lot!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.