Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So ages ago me and my old friend discovered you could give each other apps you'd bought and they would work on someone else's iPod without needing to buy them. My friend transferred a load of apps onto my iPod so I didn't need to pay. (not aware of anything illegal with this seeing as apple allowed this via iTunes mods!)

A couple of years on, I want to update some of these apps but of course i can't because it requires my old friends password who I am no longer in touch with. I have no issue with paying the 60p for this one app in particular, I just want to update it! I'd uninstall and buy it through my account but I really don't want to lose my level progress on it so don't want to lose my saved games.

Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    So ages ago me and my old friend discovered you could give each other apps you'd bought and they would work on someone else's iPod without needing to buy them. My friend transferred a load of apps onto my iPod so I didn't need to pay. (not aware of anything illegal with this seeing as apple allowed this via iTunes mods!)

A couple of years on, I want to update some of these apps but of course i can't because it requires my old friends password who I am no longer in touch with. I have no issue with paying the 60p for this one app in particular, I just want to update it! I'd uninstall and buy it through my account but I really don't want to lose my level progress on it so don't want to lose my saved games.

Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly there is nothing you can do without that password. This is why you don't share apps between people, that license is for one person only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    Honestly there is nothing you can do without that password. This is why you don't share apps between people, that license is for one person only.
    Yeah, I thought not. Is there anyway I can keep the save file or something, so that it opens on the new game I buy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.