Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok so i am thinking i wont be to use my edexcel level 2 btec certificate in employability skills
    level 2 adult numeracy, literacy and mathematics

so if i cant use them i will be really short on the ucas points i need which is 280

i currently have about 200 is theer any fast way i can boost my points?

or do you think that
    lincoln will do a foundation year

ReputationRep:
    You need to be very realistic about Admissions requirements. Read them carefully and make sure you understand exactly what they are asking for as a minimum.

If you are a mature student (over 21) other factors such as work experience will be taken into account, but for most 'conventional' applicants, if you do not match this requirement, most Unis will not make you an offer.

Foundation courses are designed for those with low A level grades, but they will also have exact entry requirements. If you are not sure if you meet these, then email that University's Undergraduate Admissions office and ask.

ReputationRep:
    emailed them and got a reply (pritty dam quick which i was not expecting) they have asked me to tell them what qualifications i currently have and they will help me, do you think i should submit my portfolio of work as well as i have lots in it (not the best but its not the worst) and also should i tell them i am working in an SEO company at the moment

and thank you for the help

ReputationRep:
    Just reply with a list of your qualifications from GCSE onwards - with the full title of the qualification, the exam board or awarding body, the grade and the date you got it.

They simply want to know what qualifications you already have to see if you match the entry requirements. If they want anything else, they'll ask for it.

ReputationRep:
    right i will do that as soon as i get home from work thanks alot

ReputationRep:
    oh also shall i tell them that i am 21 or just miss that out
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dcman987)
    Yeah tell them - they may take your age into consideration when looking at your ucas points. Do you think you'll be able to handle the course if you've only got ~2/3 of the ucas points you'll need? If you do, you need to let the admissions people know that, and your reasons why!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcman987)
    Tell them and briefly explain what you've done since leaving school.

ReputationRep:
    what are you 200 UCAS points in? (is it 2 Bs at A level etc...)

what course are you hoping to study?

do you have relevant experience to that course?

whats the highest level you have studied?

I had no UCAS points but got accepted to study Bio-med due to years of experience both in health care and veterinary assistance as well as level 4 certificates in science

ReputationRep:
    oki so i will be to handle it as the majority of what i know is self taught i am working in a SEO company with people that have been in the game for years and i am keeping up with them so i think i should be to handle the course

ReputationRep:
    right my highest level of study is a level 3 extended diploma i also have key skills, maths and literacy, and two level 2 first diplomas and employability btec certificate, and alot more so i am guessing they will take them in to account as well and also the fact i have been self taught in the majority of what i know.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Do you like exams?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.