HSE Student-To-Be - Just Looking For Advice On Adjustment Watch

KoffeeBeanKat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a firmed conditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Plymouth Uni this September. I have met all my conditions just waiting for UCAS to change.

However, I was an Access student and I did better on my course than expected. Now when I first started looking into Uni, I was torn between Adult Nursing and Midwifery, but I applied for AN as I never thought I would possibly achieve the conditions for Midwifery - But I have!

Now I have heard about Adjustment via UCAS but what I want to know is, could I use this to apply for Midwifery at the SAME Uni I have been accepted for Nursing?? I am well aware of the competitiveness etc etc and that it is highly unlikely I would get it, but like my mother always said, you don't try then you don't get!

I wouldn't lose my place in AN if I tried so just want to know is Adjustment just for changing Uni or can you change course within same uni?

Thank you
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, you can change course at the same Uni - if they will accept you.

The first thing to do is contact the Uni Dept and ask if they will consider you for Midwifery. Make sure they understand that you have higher grades. They may be prepared to simply change your course allocation now (as its at the same Uni) or they may require you to go through Adjustment in August against any other high achievers wanting to swap.

Good luck!
KoffeeBeanKat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Yes, you can change course at the same Uni - if they will accept you.

The first thing to do is contact the Uni Dept and ask if they will consider you for Midwifery. Make sure they understand that you have higher grades. They may be prepared to simply change your course allocation now (as its at the same Uni) or they may require you to go through Adjustment in August against any other high achievers wanting to swap.

Good luck!
Thank you, I spoke to the Uni but they said no as the only way I could do it would be if I was already on the waiting list for midwifery and someone didn't meet their offer conditions/dropped out. I'm guessing due to the competitiveness of midwifery it's just not one they can include in the adjustment option. It's ok though as Nursing was my first choice so am glad I got it, it was just one of those, well "what if" situations as I surprised myself with my grades. thank you for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads