Can I still apply to university this december if I haven't done my a levels? Watch

AvrilWilson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im doing an a level from home course and hopefully will have me as and a2 levels by next july. I want to apply for uni this year for next September, can i still send in a person statement and apply if i am still waiting to take my exams?
thanks
rattusratus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you can if you want, I have no A levels and was accepted - if you try you may get an offer if not once you get your results you can enter clearing

good luck
anony.mouse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The majority of people apply in their final year of sixth form, when they havent even done any A2 exams, but have their AS grades.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You apply through UCAS in the academic year you take your A2s.

So if you are expecting A2 results in July 2014 you would apply through UCAS from October 2013. If you are only expecting your AS results in July 2014, then you need to wait another year.
AvrilWilson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im expecting both my as and a2 results in July ??
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Then you apply from October 2013 for entry in October 2014. Any offer you get would obviously be dependent on your results in both AS and A2s. You should explain in your PS exactly why you are doing bother elements in the same year and your referee should also give predicted grades for both AS and A2s.
anony.mouse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AvrilWilson)
Im expecting both my as and a2 results in July ??
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Then you apply from October 2013 for entry in October 2014. Any offer you get would obviously be dependent on your results in both AS and A2s. You should explain in your PS exactly why you are doing bother elements in the same year and your referee should also give predicted grades for both AS and A2s.
If you're doing it from home, who is your reference going to be ? And will they be in a position to give you valid/reliable predicted grades ?
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i was told that wasnt good

you shouldnt talk about stuff like that on your personal statement...you should leave that to your referee?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 3mmz)
i was told that wasnt good, you shouldnt talk about stuff like that on your personal statement...you should leave that to your referee?
This applicant is studying from home and attempting a course of study normally undertaken in two years in one year. This is unusual. As an Admissions Tutor I need to understand the context of this person's application and their motivation for University study. A referees comment, whilst usually helpful, will in this circumstance not tell me this.
3mmz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This applicant is studying from home and attempting a course of study normally undertaken in two years in one year. This is unusual. As an Admissions Tutor I need to understand the context of this person's application and their motivation for University study. A referees comment, whilst usually helpful, will in this circumstance not tell me this.
Loads of people do intensive alevels (alevels in one year)
My friend did this last year and got an offer from UCL
His referee wrote in his reference that he took a break from education to work etc....
Anyway maybe you are right but I was told your reference should just be about you and the course you want to study and anything else should be put on your reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads