The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good job with the thread lad. 13/14 should be good with everyone coming back from the injuries that kinda killed off 12/13 for me
Original post by C-Dawg
Good job with the thread lad. 13/14 should be good with everyone coming back from the injuries that kinda killed off 12/13 for me

You just jinxed the new season... :ahee:
Reply 42
Original post by C-Dawg

It was a rather insane amount of injuries eh? Hopefully its a healthy season for most players and we will get a proper competitive postseason instead of a hobbled (but valiant) Bulls team in the East, a Westbrook-less Thunder, a Rondo-less Celtics etc etc. Craaazay.
Reply 43
Original post by Durantula
It was a rather insane amount of injuries eh? Hopefully its a healthy season for most players and we will get a proper competitive postseason instead of a hobbled (but valiant) Bulls team in the East, a Westbrook-less Thunder, a Rondo-less Celtics etc etc. Craaazay.

Reading that it looks like the point guards are gonna have to man up!
Rockets fan checking in again :smile:

*Watches Thread*

Let the fun begin :smile:

I'd love some kind of prediction league but pretty impossible/impractical with games every day! Anyone got any ideas? The draft thing totally confused me last season :tongue:
Original post by C-Dawg
Reading that it looks like the point guards are gonna have to man up!

Rose has no excuse not to be flying this year, he's taken twice as long as most players to get back from his ACL injury and Westbrook you can give a pass to considering he'd never missed a game prior to that injury

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Thunder are frontrunners to sign Mike Miller. Boo yeah. Hes gonna be injured all season but hit some dagger 3's in the playoffs, im cool with that as long as Brooks doesn't give him what we Thunder fans like to call 'Fisher minutes'
Reply 47
Just been thinking, surely this is KD's last season before people start jumping on his back to get a ring.
Reply 48
Original post by 419
Just been thinking, surely this is KD's last season before people start jumping on his back to get a ring.

Probably. Hes only 24 though, but yeah, I agree with you. The pressure will start to mount, especially because he has another top 6/7 player in the league alongside him, when arguably, nobody else in the league does. (One can argue Wade for LBJ though).
Original post by Durantula
Probably. Hes only 24 though, but yeah, I agree with you. The pressure will start to mount, especially because he has another top 6/7 player in the league alongside him, when arguably, nobody else in the league does. (One can argue Wade for LBJ though).

When wade is actually healthy then I'd say he's better than Westbrook but it'll be interesting to see how fit he stays this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
They seem sooooooo excited........ It actually makes me kind of sad, Pierce has been one my favourite payers since I was like 10 and he doesn't seem too happy about leaving Boston.
[video="youtube;9DG8ZLIdvYI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DG8ZLIdvYI[/video]
Original post by ThatLTUguy
They seem sooooooo excited........ It actually makes me kind of sad, Pierce has been one my favourite payers since I was like 10 and he doesn't seem too happy about leaving Boston.

15 seasons for the Celtics can see why he is upset. But he will be the ultimate professional and move on and give his best for the Nets.
Reply 52

I'm welling up :'( . It's weird though, LA will likely keep Kobe until he retires, but the Celtics let Pierce go. Not that I'm disappointed with the trade, just sad to see him go.
Original post by C-Dawg
I'm welling up :'( . It's weird though, LA will likely keep Kobe until he retires, but the Celtics let Pierce go. Not that I'm disappointed with the trade, just sad to see him go.

That's exactly how I feel. The trade puts us in a great position to rebuild and be back at the top of the east in a few years. It's also gonna be exciting to see all these young players take on bigger roles and watching Rondo run the show. But Pierce is a Celtic Great. He seemed to be so proud to be a Celtic and everyone loved him in Boston. I felt like it was in his identity. Every time I thought of him I thought of the Celtics. So it's really sad to see him go.
Reply 54
That's exactly how I feel. The trade puts us in a great position to rebuild and be back at the top of the east in a few years. It's also gonna be exciting to see all these young players take on bigger roles and watching Rondo run the show. But Pierce is a Celtic Great. He seemed to be so proud to be a Celtic and everyone loved him in Boston. I felt like it was in his identity. Every time I thought of him I thought of the Celtics. So it's really sad to see him go.

Yeah Pierce was the Celtics, stuck with the team through some seriously dark times. I think he would've been alright sticking around for a rebuild, but Ainge obviously felt it was time to get him off the books.

But I'm really looking forward to seeing Rondo lead this team and how Green develops once he's the main scoring option
When are the fixtures out?
Reply 56
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
When are the fixtures out?

Couple weeks I think. Just to try and stir something up as not a lot is happening to talk about I will pose the question what 5 games do people wanna see on Christmas day

Mine

1. Knicks v Nets
2. Bulls v Pacers
3. Heat v Spurs
3. Rockets v OKC
5. Clippers v Warriors

Rockets v LA and Nets v Celtics possibilities but I think the 5 I picked has most of the best teams on display
Reply 57
I don't really like playoffesque match up during christmas. Like them with emotions/ payback to it so I'll like something like

Rockets vs Laker (and let's face it, Lala will be on show)
Celtics vs Clippers.
Nets vs Knicks- let's get some NYC rivalry going

Don't really know about the rest but maybe
Heats vs Spurs/Bulls
Reply 58
Original post by 419
I don't really like playoffesque match up during christmas. Like them with emotions/ payback to it so I'll like something like

Rockets vs Laker (and let's face it, Lala will be on show)
Celtics vs Clippers.
Nets vs Knicks- let's get some NYC rivalry going

Don't really know about the rest but maybe
Heats vs Spurs/Bulls

Celtics Clippers is a good call if they got Doc back to Boston could be tasty, Harden and Dwight v KD and Westbrook does more for me than Dwight going back to LA but that would be explosive too if it went down
Heat v bulls/pacers is bound to be good or they could give LeBron a nice Christmas present and make him take his talent to Cleveland

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest