The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by La belle jolie

The problem is, I don't have a figure at all like the model in the picture. I'm petite (around 5 foot)

Petite midget.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Petite midget.

According to the dictionary and pretty much everyone, I'm petite. It's fine if one random guy on the Internet doesn't understand the meaning of some words... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
For that figure i think you will look stunning in it.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yeah, and boobs are volumes. 34B 32C and 30D actually have the same volume on smaller bands, so you're only going one cupsize up, your bras will feel nicer in the right size.

Do you think you have shallow breasts? A lot of people in your size range tend to, I've spoilered the explaination

Spoiler

If you have shallow breasts, you want to look for half cup bras not plunges. I recommend the Masquerade Delphi and Cleo Juna.

Hope this is helpful. It's also helpful to work out whether your boobs are full on the top or full on bottom, as some bras will work better than others. Sorry for the post, I'm a bra nerd

I have quite shallow breasts which actually meant that a 38C fits better than a 36D, which is what I ought to be in. And I can only wear plunges, balcony bras are awful.
Original post by sweetest_candy
For that figure i think you will look stunning in it.

You mean my hourglass one? I'm slim but not like the model. :tongue:
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I have quite shallow breasts which actually meant that a 38C fits better than a 36D, which is what I ought to be in. And I can only wear plunges, balcony bras are awful.

What plunges work? Can you let me know so I can pass this on? I'm a member of r/abrathatfits and any info is great, so far we've only found about 4 plunges to work on shallow breasts...

What brand and size would be great!!! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh lalaaa!! I love that dress!! I wanna get it too :biggrin:

Personally I don't think it will look great with big boobs sadly.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What plunges work? Can you let me know so I can pass this on? I'm a member of r/abrathatfits and any info is great, so far we've only found about 4 plunges to work on shallow breasts...

What brand/size would be great :smile:

These ones: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Underwired-Padded-Plunge-T-Shirt/dp/B004JQ6V6S?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_5&nodeId=342652031&sr=1-5&qid=1374162645&pf_rd_r=0B61K8BRRBZB007AN2JB&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=342652031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Basically anything from M&S that says 'plunge' on it.

I don't know if mine are shallow so much as widely set.
Original post by PrettyLittleLiars
Oh lalaaa!! I love that dress!! I wanna get it too :biggrin:

Personally I don't think it will look great with big boobs sadly.

It is absolutely lovely, not my usual style but I want to give it a try anyway :biggrin:

Thanks. Yeah you can have wide boobs without being shallow. Best way to tell if you're shallow is..

http://www.venusianglow.com/2012/09/small-breasts-with-broad-base.html
You mean my hourglass one? I'm slim but not like the model. :tongue:

Yes, not everybody is a "model" shape... but i think you will look great in that.
Even i have a slightly above "model" shape and i get complement that it looks good.
Reply 51
I personally wouldn't wear this dress with big boobs, not that I have them but sometimes I think shift dresses can make your chest area look 'awkward' when you're bigger than a b/c, the dress is cute though
I think the dress should look fine on you, 32D in average size not overly big just the right size
Reply 53
If you feel that you look good and comfortable in it, who cares what others think.
According to the dictionary and pretty much everyone, I'm petite.

Seems like you don't know how to use a dictionary then...

To be petite, you have to be short AND slim. If you've got an hourglass figure AND big boobs, there is no way you can be petite. In that case you're just short - or a midget, on which you seem to border with your height...
Reply 55
You look good in this dress. Your boobs aren't that big mind:colondollar:
Reply 56
Seems like you don't know how to use a dictionary then...

To be petite, you have to be short AND slim. If you've got an hourglass figure AND big boobs, there is no way you can be petite. In that case you're just short - or a midget, on which you seem to border with your height...

Well I'm a similar shape 5ft and hourglass and I buy clothes in the section of the shop called 'Petite'. Petite means small, not slim!
Original post by Tilly Seargeant
Petite means small, not slim!

Nonsense.

Original post by Tilly Seargeant
Well I'm a similar shape 5ft and hourglass and I buy clothes in the section of the shop called 'Petite'

They just want to flatter yo chubby ass so you buy more :biggrin:
Reply 58
Nonsense.

They just want to flatter yo chubby ass so you buy more :biggrin:

Do you really think I care for your opinion?

And seeing as I fit in a size 8-10 I wouldn't exactly call myself chubby. And you really should think before you post because my sister used to be anorexic and it was because people like you called her fat and chubby. It's extremely insensitive.
I think the dress is awesome but for your figure you'd need to wear a thin belt around the waist to show that you have a smaller waist. Without a belt your hip size and your waist size would seem very similar. So, to accentuate your curves you should definitely wear a belt with this type of dress. Also, this dress would still look lovely if you have big boobs or not. :smile:

Latest