The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR Blast From the Past Championship Thread

Scroll to see replies

Never had the chukkas but they sound cool and everyone already knows about my love for snaps so get rid of walls bangers

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Get rid of the Walls. I loved Chuckas and Snaps.
This is hard! But get rid of Snaps as Lidl and Aldi do very nice own versions anyway
Original post by MelissaJayne
This is hard! But get rid of Snaps as Lidl and Aldi do very nice own versions anyway

I never tried Snaps. Were they basically just like chocolate-coated Pringles? :curious: They certainly looked like it.

I'm going to skip this round, as I loved Wallbangers and like Penguin biscuits enough to think that the Chukkas must have been nice, but it doesn't seem fair for me to vote against Snaps just because I haven't tried them. I couldn't even get much help on my phone from my mate called Banga after Bangarang* me the other day. :sad:

*If you've read all of Toto's last post, you'll see what I was trying to do there. :ahee:
Original post by Platinum Mech
*If you've read all of Toto's last post, you'll see what I was trying to do there. :ahee:

I think he'll be happy someone else used it :biggrin:
Reply 405
Knock out walls!
Reply 406
WALLS BANGERS HAVE BEEN OUSTED.

With about 94% of TSR seemingly being a hippy veggie (sorry, that's closeminded of me. Some of you might be those butch, harsh type of veggies) - there was no way a tasty pork sausage covered in breadcrumbs could ever win a TSR competition.

Well, you have your wish - every competitor a chocolate competitor...
Reply 407
VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT TO WIN.

MCVITIES PENGUIN CHUKKA versus CADBURY SNAPS!

Both are chocolate, both have versions still available in the UK made by different sources (so technically, they're NOT the same product, though the same idea!) - but were the originals the best? Do these deserve to be revived?
Snaps! They're probably my favourite thing in the competition and although there are alternatives, they're not always easy to come by. My local 99p shop does a version but first of all you hardly get any in a packet and secondly, they're only in stock around 25% of the time.
Reply 409
Cadbury Snaps. :biggrin:
Reply 410
Chukkas! I remember having a load of those canisters being used for nik-naks (:rolleyes:) all over the place left over from gorging on them. There were different varieties weren't there of white chocolate etc?
Reply 411
CHUKKAS have my vote, the snaps were nice and all but always went way too quickly. Far too much packaging involved.
Original post by TotoMimo
both have versions still available in the UK made by different sources (so technically, they're NOT the same product, though the same idea!)

What is this available variety of Chukka of which you speak?!?!?!? I must have them!

They get my vote too.
My vote goes to the Penguin Chukka!
I couldn't actually remember them at first, and I was going to vote for Snaps... But now I remember them Chukkas, they were yum:P
Cadbury snaps as stated in my last posts they are just yum!
Penguin Chukkas were epic, so them. Can't think of anything else too much like them since!
Snaps, so good. Interesting to read that Aldi and Lidl do versions though :biggrin:
Reply 418
Tied again! GRARG. These heats are a bit more competitive, eh?
Reply 419
Snaps :smile: not a fan of the chukkas and snaps were quite yummy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest