Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, I was recently diagnosed with Benign Essential Tremors. When initially diagnosed I was pretty happy, as if it wasn't that it could have been late-stage Rheumatoid Arthritis, a fine motor function disorder or some other preeeetty horrific problem. However I was looking into it, and it turns out it's pretty well linked to Parkinsons. Furthermore, my GP is sending me to a neurologist to have conformation that it is BET, simply as it's largely anxiety related with me, I can use it as a coping strategy to suppress them to an extent. The only problem being, that I'm now suspicious that it isn't for that, and it's might be because she wants the neurologist to look into the prospects of it being an early warning sign of Parkinsons. On the plus side, it is definitely an anxiety - related syndrome in my case, rather than a physical one (which if you look it up, completely ruins peoples lives, so yay, I guess?) - also my family has no history of Parkinsons. At all. Not even a smidgeon. Basically I'm asking does this mean that I probably don't/won't have Parkinsons? What do you guys reckon? Cheers a bunch, ya butts!

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue...But can Parkinsons be passed down genetically anyway?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.