Answers please?! Watch

JessicaPownall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am wondering if I should be concerned about my weight, I always have comments made about how skinny I am and it has not bothered me but recently It has hit me that I'm not a nice weight I do not put weight on easy at all however I loose it extremely fast without exercise or dieting. I have recently had gastroenteritis at the start of it I was 106 pounds and already underweight now I am 100.4 pounds this was 3 days after i weighed at 106 pounds. I fear I won't put the weight back on and will continue loosing weight. I do have a fear of gaining weight however I am not the weight I want to be. I don't eat a lot but it's because I get full easy. I am also a vegetarian. Should I be concerned?
SpiggyTopes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How tall are you?
Are you sure you haven't got Celiac's disease-it's quite common?
Serenade
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
100 pounds is light regardless of your height. Try planning your meals throughout the day. Eat snacks in between. Watch lots of movies, I always feel the urge to eat something whilst watching films.
AlesanaWill
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It would be useful to know you're height to work out a BMI. I would see your GP as they might be able to give you some advice and send you for some tests to check that it's not some other health problem that's causing you to be underweight (as you say you struggle to put on weight). I think most people, even when they recognise that they're very skinny, are a bit nervous about putting on weight because it goes against the general ideas of society to lose weight. But don't let that deter you! Despite popular belief that putting on weight is "easy", it's difficult and does require determination to do it. You should make meal plans, work out how many calories you need to eat to gain weight, go for calorie dense foods that aren't overly filling - nuts are very good for this, as are some junk foods (but don't just binge on junk food - try to keep some healthy stuff too!). You've got to eat even if you feel full - that's how you put on weight.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads