The Student Room Group

What's better to do on results day call or e-mail?

Is It better to call or e-mail universities on results day? Because I'm on pay as you go calling universities will be very expensive also the calls may be long and it will take long for me to go home to call. so e-mail seems better but i'm not sure about it, it seems too risky?

Is there any way to get free calls on 02 pay as you go?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Questionner
Is It better to call or e-mail universities on results day? Because I'm on pay as you go calling universities will be very expensive also the calls may be long and it will take long for me to go home to call. so e-mail seems better but i'm not sure about it, it seems too risky?

Depends what you are wanting to do. If you are in Clearing, then you must phone. Emails take too long. If it's to contact your firm because they've rejected you, then read this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1727737&p=33161254#post33161254

If you've got your grades, you don't need to do anything. Track will update in its own time.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Depends what you are wanting to do. If you are in Clearing, then you must phone. Emails take too long. If it's to contact your firm because they've rejected you, then read this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1727737&p=33161254#post33161254

If you've got your grades, you don't need to do anything. Track will update in its own time.

Yeah I applied into clearing so i'm gonna have to call.

Thanks
Original post by Questionner

Is there any way to get free calls on 02 pay as you go?

How long will it take you to get home? You cannot actually enter anything on UCAS Track for Clearing until 5pm anyway if that helps :smile:
Reply 4
It takes me about 45 mins, so I guess its not so bad since track starts at 5pm.

Thank you
You need to be using a reliable landline when you are calling Unis in Clearing.

You will probably be in a phone queue for ages (think of the cost) and then you dont need your mobile dropping out at a crucial moment once you get through. You also need sensible people around you to help/advise - either go home or do the initial phoning at school.

Track might 'start' at 5pm - but you need to have done all of your phoning long before this. You need to get on the phones as soon as you know that neither your Firm or Insurance will accept you, ie. as soon as the Clearing lines open first thing in the morning. Leave it any later and already places will have gone.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by returnmigrant
You need to be using a reliable landline when you are calling Unis in Clearing.

You will probably be in a phone queue for ages (think of the cost) and then you dont need your mobile dropping out at a crucial moment once you get through. You also need sensible people around you to help/advise - either go home or do the initial phoning at school.

Track might 'start' at 5pm - but you need to have done all of your phoning long before this. You need to get on the phones as soon as you know that neither your Firm or Insurance will accept you, ie. as soon as the Clearing lines open first thing in the morning. Leave it any later and already places will have gone.

Great advice! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest