University Transferral Query - Withdrawal Letter Watch

lnumero
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am planning to transfer to another University, I have been offered and confirmed a place at the Uni I would like to transfer to, I have sorted out my student finance and almost the accommodation as well, the only thing I am dwelling on is the withdrawal letter to my current institution.

I realise this is probably the EASIEST thing to do and I am definitely over thinking it, but I am just unsure of what I need to include?

Do I have to provide an explanation as to why I am leaving? Do I tell them that I am going to another University and what institution it is? I realise this is almost laughable as I am also perplexed by the fact I am even asking this.

So basically, what do I need to include in a withdrawal letter? Apologies for what probably is a simple task to perform I am just very paranoid that I will be hounded by the Uni asking for some undebatable explanation and as I am withdrawing I feel it should be professionally done.

Thank you.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They can reply. So if you don't include something that they need to know, they can ask you. Stop panicking!

Keep it brief, because they won't want to read through a long essay of a letter. Include your contact details - maybe even end with something like "if you have any further questions, contact me on 0207 138 8330".
bembem
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had to fill in a form of withdrawal stating why I was leaving, the university should offer a letter of withdrawal.
lnumero
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ahh thank you! After a day of mulling it over I finally contacted them, cheers guys
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads