This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Have any of you seen those pretty colourful ipod minis that are coming out? (or already have) They look so cool!!! You can choose the colour and everything.
yea it seems pretty good, its just a smaller version of ipod? with about 4 gb, so its not exactly amazing imo
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yea it seems pretty good, its just a smaller version of ipod? with about 4 gb, so its not exactly amazing imo
Yeah the memory is about a fifth of the normal ipod. But they are small and colourful (and cheaper) which I think compromises for that, especially if you don't have THAT many tunes.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Yeah the memory is about a fifth of the normal ipod. But they are small and colourful (and cheaper) which I think compromises for that, especially if you don't have THAT many tunes.

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...yriokarma.html

rio karma is smaller than the palm of your hand and holds 20gb
foowise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd still opt for Minidisc over Ipod any day of the week. Fair enuff, you may have to use different discs if you want to store ALL your music from CDs and your MP3s, but really, when you go out somewhere, you can only listen to so much music. The fact you have to change discs ceases to be an issue really, considering you can fit quite a few hours on MD anyway (if you got LP). Plus, the rechargeable battery life on MD is great (well it is on my Sony one newaz), something which it triumphs over Ipod. I'm not denying Ipods are good, but I'd still plump for my MD, and with the new GB storage MDs out soon, I can see myself opting for MD over Ipod.
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anyone suggesting MD is plain wrong. MD is deadend technology. They aren't significantly cheaper, much more fiddly and don't act as a very useful 20/30gb portable hard-drive. I wouldn't get an iPod (even though I have one) unless you want it as a fashion accessory. If you're actually bothered with it's features, then I'd suggest the creative zen since you get more for your money than the iPod.

Anyone who buys a mini iPod has more money than sense.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I chose a MD over an MP3 player, because you can get a good NetMD one for less than £100. For £100, you can only get a good 128MB or crappy 256MB MP3 player. Like I said before, who needs to have 20GB worth of songs on them. 40 tracks on one MD disc will do enough for me. Also, the batteries on my MD last about 50 hours and I only need recharging every 2 to 3 weeks.

If you want a portable 20GB hard drive, then get a proper one, not one that's half-hard drive, half-MP3 player.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
i had an ipod but sold it straight away, could get an iriver for the same price - much nicer

http://www.irivernordic.com/products.php?prid=9
That's hideous!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
That's hideous!
what! its beautiful diecast aluminium finish, much nicer than the ipod imo
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Somebody with 20GB of music. I have more than that, and I never know what I'm going to want to listen to, so being able to have as much of it on me at once is extremely convenient.
I think 20gb is excessive to say the least. I mean how can anyone have downloaded that amount of quality music.
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by woodsy)
I think 20gb is excessive to say the least. I mean how can anyone have downloaded that amount of quality music.
Not all of my music is downloaded: I ripped most of my CDs to my computer, than put them on from there. Only about half the music I have on my iPod is downloaded.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DrSoySauce)
Not all of my music is downloaded: I ripped most of my CDs to my computer, than put them on from there. Only about half the music I have on my iPod is downloaded.
sssshhhhh, Do you want to get arrested?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (299)
34.17%
No (576)
65.83%

Watched Threads