The Student Room Group

College or hostel room

Hi everyone,

I've been accepted for a masters course in Cambridge, Pembroke College. Recently they've asked to choose if I preffer accomodation in College rooms or in one of the College-owned buildings - "hostels" (should be less than 5 minutes walk from the College).
There is not much information about the differences though: the only thing I know is that ensuite facilities and full kitchen are available in hostels only (and both are quite important to me...).

Which room should I choose? If you have some information on the topic, please share, cause I'm so confused:smile:

P.S. Oh, and I don't mind paying more for a better option.
Difficult to call really - depends largely on which hostel you end up in. College rooms are consistently excellent, but as you say there's no option for an ensuite or a proper kitchen. The hostels are more likely to have those but are a lot more variable in quality - while some are bigger/better/nicer than the average room in college, others are smaller and worse.

My advice would be: if you feel you really want the ensuite/kitchen then go for a hostel; if not then better to get the full Cambridge experience and live in College.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending