The Student Room Group

how to drive in the middle of the road?

Like how do you know? I'm driving on my lane and then my instructors always having to tell me to steer a little to the left/right e.t.c

also how do you park the car close to the kerb? how do you know? im always never close
Reply 1
Original post by Nkhan
Like how do you know? I'm driving on my lane and then my instructors always having to tell me to steer a little to the left/right e.t.c

also how do you park the car close to the kerb? how do you know? im always never close

As long as your in the lane it shouldn't be an issue.............trying to keep it in the middle will just happen naturally overtime from your seating position, just check your wing mirrors.

With parking you just know once again, the way I got taught was when your in the driving position and the cars parked up next to the kerb, there's focal point where the edge of the pavement lines up to the car, and just make sure to stop at that focal point.
Find a reference point. For road positioning, if you think you're in a good position confirm it with your instructor by asking them if you're ok. Then look over to the right of your windscreen and notice where the centre road lines "meet" the windscreen so to speak. It's usually easiest to notice where it lines up to a point of the window wiper.
You can also use the same method to line the edge of the curb up with a point on the left window wiper in order to be able to pull up to a curb consistently.

Quick Reply

Latest