The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University BIAD applicants/hopefuls 2013

This is for anyone hoping to go BCU to study any of the art and design courses. It will be nice to get to know some people before we start in September.
i havent seen a thread similar to this so i thought id start one :colondollar:
what course are planning on doing?
are you living at home or halls?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the Ba Hons Art and Design course as of September :smile:
And I'm going to be living in Halls
(edited 10 years ago)
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey!
I will be doing architecture and im living at home. We should be at the same place :biggrin:
You looking forward to coming to Birmingham?
Ah cool!
Yeah, nervous moving from a town to a city, but still excited.
Yourself? Or do you live in Birmingham?
Original post by unorthosocks
This is for anyone hoping to go BCU to study any of the art and design courses. It will be nice to get to know some people before we start in September.
i havent seen a thread similar to this so i thought id start one :colondollar:
what course are planning on doing?
are you living at home or halls?

I am an art and design student, Starting in September. Studying Fine Art
:smile: Lovely to meet you!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by emmaholliday
Ah cool!
Yeah, nervous moving from a town to a city, but still excited.
Yourself? Or do you live in Birmingham?

im sure you will be fine! i live in birmingham and i think its a great place and one of the reasons i didnt want to move lol
did you come to an open day?
Reply 6
Original post by treehugger18
I am an art and design student, Starting in September. Studying Fine Art
:smile: Lovely to meet you!!

lovely to meet you too! where are you from?
lovely to meet you too! where are you from?

I am from a little town in wiltshire in the southwest, so the city will be a big change for this country pumpkin :s-smilie: :redface:
Reply 8
I am from a little town in wiltshire in the southwest, so the city will be a big change for this country pumpkin :s-smilie: :redface:

lol im sure you will love it! have you received any information regarding anything from the uni yet?
lol im sure you will love it! have you received any information regarding anything from the uni yet?

Yep I have got my place, got the letter today actually and I am now waiting for to receive more information about where my accommodation is going to be. What about you will you be in halls??
Reply 10
Yep I have got my place, got the letter today actually and I am now waiting for to receive more information about where my accommodation is going to be. What about you will you be in halls??

nope ill be staying at home :smile: my house is a 10 mins drive to the campus
ohh how did you manage to get your place already?
did you get your results early??
nope ill be staying at home
:smile: my house is a 10 mins drive to the campus
ohh how did you manage to get your place already?
did you get your results early??

yep, i did a foundation art course so i had already got my Alevel results, meaning. i have a lot less waiting around :smile: I am guessing you just done your Alevels?? did you think they went well?
Yeah I came to the open day ages ago! Must've been like October? I'be got my results but I haven't heard anything yet which is annoying
Reply 13
yep, i did a foundation art course so i had already got my Alevel results, meaning. i have a lot less waiting around :smile: I am guessing you just done your Alevels?? did you think they went well?

yeah just a long wait till results day now :eek: they went okay i guess i will have to wait and see
are you at the new parkside campus?
Reply 14
Original post by emmaholliday
Yeah I came to the open day ages ago! Must've been like October? I'be got my results but I haven't heard anything yet which is annoying

i think thats the one i went to! ahh well i heard they usually reply to you within a week and if they dont you can ring them up
did you do an art foundation?
Reply 15
I've got a place for Visual Communication Photography :smile: from a little town in Somerset so Brum will be a big shock for me too!
Reply 16
Original post by SessBub
I've got a place for Visual Communication Photography :smile: from a little town in Somerset so Brum will be a big shock for me too!

hi! have you heard from the uni??
Ah, I better ring them up then! No I did a level 3 BTEC at college and received a triple distinction and a distinction star in photography
yeah just a long wait till results day now :eek: they went okay i guess i will have to wait and see
are you at the new parkside campus?

I don't know yet still waiting to be told it takes about two weeks so I have another week to wait pffft Well good luck on results day!! :smile:
Reply 19
I have an unconditional offer and i should be hearing about accomodation this week :smile: Good luck for Results day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending