A level Maths after reform Watch

hexagon999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I've been self teaching myself a level maths over this summer holiday, but I've realised that my year will be affected by the A level reform. I've been teaching myself the OCR syllabus (not MEI) and I was just wondering if the stuff I'm teaching myself now will be different to what I learn in sixth form after the changes.

Thanks
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hexagon999)
Hi, I've been self teaching myself a level maths over this summer holiday, but I've realised that my year will be affected by the A level reform. I've been teaching myself the OCR syllabus (not MEI) and I was just wondering if the stuff I'm teaching myself now will be different to what I learn in sixth form after the changes.

Thanks
No it won't
m4ths/maths247
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks
No.
You simply lose the January window for exam sittings.
pak1994
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Thanks
If the specification hasn't been changed yet I highly doubt that it will be different come September. In my opinion they wouldn't change the main points of learning anyway.
hexagon999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by m4ths/maths247)
No.
You simply lose the January window for exam sittings.
So lets say I was doing C1-4 and S1-2. When would I take these exams?
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably, you would take C1, C2, and S1 at the end of Y12 and C3, C4, and S2 at the end of Y13
m4ths/maths247
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
See the post above mine. A good suggestion there. That would be seen as the normal protocol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads