Fight Club is my all time favorite, how about you? Watch

huihenghenry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I love the message that it presented to me when I watched it.
I watched so many times that I couldn't remember.
The lines in the movie is just so punchy
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gladiator. It's been my favourite film since I first saw it when I was like... 7. Also Really like V for Vendetta, LOTR, and Fight Club too
Plainview
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Heat. Al Pacino Vs Robert De Niro (what more could you want), brilliant supporting acts from Val Kilmer and Jon Voight, epic score, awesome shootouts, strong emotional core, clever script, epic run time, sweeping night shots of LA, and a tense ending with a gut-wrenching climax.
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pulp Fiction, all star line up, truly classic scenes, and achieves the multiple stories and the non linear narrative better than pretty much any film I've seen.
User995789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The most recent batman movie, omg I loved that flying batmobile
Ras17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Will probably appear cliche but Shawshank Redemption has got to be up there for me.
Callumhamby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pulp Fiction or Shawshank Redemption.
Kyle~
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I watched Fight Club I had really strong suspicions all throughout the film that he was both characters so that kinda spoilt the ending for me which is why it isn't one of my all time favorite films. Shutter Island is probably my favorite ever film.
huihenghenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by desdemonata)
Gladiator. It's been my favourite film since I first saw it when I was like... 7. Also Really like V for Vendetta, LOTR, and Fight Club too
I like gladiator and V as well. But I can't really remember the story of Gladiator. What's the reason you pick it as favorite?
huihenghenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyle~)
When I watched Fight Club I had really strong suspicions all throughout the film that he was both characters so that kinda spoilt the ending for me which is why it isn't one of my all time favorite films. Shutter Island is probably my favorite ever film.
Shutter Island is really good pick! I like it too. I can only say a word" Wow" after watching it. And I spent a night watching the argument about the movie, what the truth is... Really really good one, but fight club is send a more important message which makes me rank it higher.
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by huihenghenry)
I like gladiator and V as well. But I can't really remember the story of Gladiator. What's the reason you pick it as favorite?
Hm, I don't really know, I just liked everything about the film. I think the acting, plot, script, everything is pretty great. Particularly the ending - I thought it really fit, and wasn't the typical ending you'd expect from a Hollywood movie. Especially now when I watch movies I can find myself predicting quite a lot of what will happen and how the story will end, so in the way, Gladiator doesn't "disappoint" in the way other more predictable films will.

Actually, interesting to look at the endings of all the movies I shortlisted. In short, they're not entirely happy endings, bittersweet in some way or another. I guess I don't really like happy endings all that much maybe I find them too unrealistic/hopeful or something.
huihenghenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by desdemonata)
Hm, I don't really know, I just liked everything about the film. I think the acting, plot, script, everything is pretty great. Particularly the ending - I thought it really fit, and wasn't the typical ending you'd expect from a Hollywood movie. Especially now when I watch movies I can find myself predicting quite a lot of what will happen and how the story will end, so in the way, Gladiator doesn't "disappoint" in the way other more predictable films will.

Actually, interesting to look at the endings of all the movies I shortlisted. In short, they're not entirely happy endings, bittersweet in some way or another. I guess I don't really like happy endings all that much maybe I find them too unrealistic/hopeful or something.
I have the same feeling as you. I ususlly go for some directors, like david fincher, night m shyamalan, christopher nolan..etc. After watching a stunning movie by them, I watched all of their other films.
Since then I would pay more attention on who directs the movie and who writes the story, rather than who acts

Posted from TSR Mobile
DavidSilvaMCFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with the OP. Fight Club is one of the only films I can watch again and again. I also like Green Mile, Shawshank and the Big Lebowski.
Shaun1991
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In the Name of the Father. Daniel Day-Lewis and Pete Postlethwaite is the best father and son combination in any film, ever.
DavidSilvaMCFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shaun1991)
In the Name of the Father. Daniel Day-Lewis and Pete Postlethwaite is the best father and son combination in any film, ever.
Daniel Day-Lewis could possibly be the best actor in hollywood
Shaun1991
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC)
Daniel Day-Lewis could possibly be the best actor in hollywood
He's already won more best actor Oscars than anyone in history and he's only in about one film every five years. In my opinion the best film actor of all time.
TheReckless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Lion King/Schindler's List.
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kyle~)
You had suspicions about Fight Club but not Shutter Island? Interesting!

I love The Prestige. Although I find it hard to pick favourites as my preference would probably change daily.
IDukem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Back To The Future trilogy.
KeyFingot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Shawshank Redemption
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.72%
No (605)
72.28%

Watched Threads