(Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1))
Good luck with it all! Are you following any sort of training plan at all?
Thanks. My rough plan is three-pronged:
1. Try to increase upper body and arm strength by doing as many push ups as possible every other day.
2. Try to increase core strength by planking every other day.
3. Try to increase cardio fitness by cycling every day. I might start running at some point too.
(Original post by WarrenBuffett)
You haven't got much of a chance in getting fit! but good luck with your endeavors!
(Original post by Caits7)
That's great, consider doing a bit more cardio though. Cycling is good, maybe do some swimming too?
Thanks. Getting to a pool is a bit awkward where I'm living, so I think if I need more cardio I will just cycle further.
(Original post by kai68)
I suggest you the following to become healthy and fit :-
1) Start a morning workout- will boost your metabolic rate and diminish torpor.
2) Cut out on oily foods and processed- main reasons for acne and also tummy fat.
3) Aim on loosing weight first- if by any chance you feel or look overweight, it is futile to do planks or muscle building exercises because your body will not be able to accept the new muscle with so much fat content.
4) Commitment- Make exercise a part of your soul and enjoy it with optimism and remember to keep patience, results will come gradually and not overnight. Good luck
I have a BMI of like 23, so I don't think I am fat. I just need to improve my fitness. I'd most of all like to be able to do some adventure sports, or a physically demanding job, rather than just look better. Those are things I never thought of myself as being able to do. Obviously I'd love to look better too!
Thank you for your words of encouragement!
(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
He's just started - after confessing to being seriously out of shape - with two 6 mile rides in two days, and you're telling him to do MORE cardio?
I should admit, I started cycling a few weeks ago to work. It made my legs quite sore at first, but now it is OK. I agree I don't need more cardio for now though.