The Student Room Group

Do you see your partner everyday?

My gf says it's best not to see each other every day, she says it more 'healthy'? Anyone else do this?

Scroll to see replies

I can understand her reasoning. I personally need a lot of space, I'd feel pretty smothered if we were meeting every day.
Reply 2
Yeah it can get a little too much being together all the time...I'm practically living with my partner (in that I stay there most nights) and we still make sure we're both doing our own thing so that we actually look forward to seeing each other rather than getting in each other's hair all the time. We're both fairly busy though so we couldn't see each other every day even if we wanted to :dontknow:
Reply 3
It depends tbh in experience from my previous partners, one lived far away so I naturally didn't, others I have seen most days because we have been at college together but out of choice I'd probably go with a few times a week, that gives you alone time as well as being able to go out with others etc..
Reply 4
No, I don't; I'm in a long distance relationship and I would love to see my boyfriend every day.

Not going on dates/spending every second together every day; just in the normal, living together, daily routine way.

It will be at least two years before we would be able to live together (I'm at uni and he has to stay with his current job) but it's my favourite and most frequent daydream.
Me and my girlfriend used to see each other nearly everyday... it was like always planned out.
It was like one day at hers, then mine etc etc and so on. After three months of that, it became like a routine and it was horrible. It pushed us to our limits because I needed my space and it was hard to get that.
So yes, it is healthier to have the space.
In an LDR (live 3 hours away when at university and 2 when I'm at home) so I don't. Even though I'm at home right now, I've seen him 3 times since being back for about 3 hours at a time. Although I wouldn't want to have to see each other everyday out of routine, I wish it was more at the moment.
Reply 7
We live together so we're used to seeing each other all the time now. I think it would be healthy for us to have a little more alone time, even if that meant just doing stuff in different rooms, but the flat is a bit too small for that (and it would be a bit weird). Having said that, I had a run of three days where I was working 4pm-10pm (and therefore out of the house from about 3pm to about 11pm), and he always works 8am-4pm, so we just didn't see each other except for maybe 30 mins in the evening if he was staying up late, and that sucked quite a bit.
Most people in LDRs wish they could spend more time with their partner/see them more regularly. Not in the sense of living together, just of it being easy and being able to decide that you wanted to see each other that day/night and that was it - you did.

Often I find that when I'm not with my partner I'm missing them (which isn't that "healthy" either), so even if I know people need personal space, is the idea of being able to not miss him so much and see him practically whenever I want something I wish for? Hell yeah. As is though, we either are not near each other at all, or are basically living in the same space/sharing a bed. A nice in between I'd like, but that's not really possible :lol:
Reply 9
Original post by Plumstone
No, I don't; I'm in a long distance relationship and I would love to see my boyfriend every day.

Not going on dates/spending every second together every day; just in the normal, living together, daily routine way.

It will be at least two years before we would be able to live together (I'm at uni and he has to stay with his current job) but it's my favourite and most frequent daydream.

I'm in the same situation as you! We're long distance, I'm at uni and he's not, it would be at least another 2 years before we live together if ever it were to happen.
Me and my partner don't really live far apart, but we only see each other around every 5 days. I work full time and long days, I'm a teacher and often have private pupils in the evenings, and he does a lot of stuff as well.. We're trying to get a place together at the moment so that will be much better! Our lifestyles mean that we will get the space we need because we're so busy, but we'll be able to see each other at the beginning and end of the day at least.
Reply 11
Me & my boyfriend do right now because it's summer and in september we're at seperate colleges (my choice to go back to my school's sixth form after a year at college) so won't always have time to see each other after summer
I probably see my boyfriend twice a week, although on some weekends we will spend friday night to monday morning together.

We need our space though to do our own things. On those long weekends, he will usually end up playing a game for a few hours whilst I read for a bit... I think having your own time does make the relationship healthier. You want to have at least one separate hobby/interest to do alone or with other people!
Reply 13
Original post by Plumstone

I'm also in a long distance relationship and only see my boyfriend every time we're off college..usually every 2 months. Used to see each other every month but since train prices are going up we can barely afford that. I'm moving nearer to him next year hopefully. Would love to be able to see him even just once a week, can't imagine how amazing it would be to be able to see him every day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to see my boyfriend nearly everyday for the first 2 months of our relationship because we met whilst backpacking abroad and were living in the same hostel during that time. We've since returned to our respective homes in the UK but are now living over 400 miles apart, so can only meet up once every few weeks at the moment :frown:, but we text nearly everyday, and call and Skype occasionally :smile:.

Original post by desdemonata
Most people in LDRs wish they could spend more time with their partner/see them more regularly. Not in the sense of living together, just of it being easy and being able to decide that you wanted to see each other that day/night and that was it - you did.

Often I find that when I'm not with my partner I'm missing them (which isn't that "healthy" either), so even if I know people need personal space, is the idea of being able to not miss him so much and see him practically whenever I want something I wish for? Hell yeah. As is though, we either are not near each other at all, or are basically living in the same space/sharing a bed. A nice in between I'd like, but that's not really possible :lol:

I have this exact same situation at the moment, and it kinda sucks sometimes, eh? But at least when you do meet up, it's extra special and kinda feels like a holiday :biggrin:
Reply 15
We used to see each other every day at school, but now it's holidays we see each other very regularly, but differently so. For example, we stay overnight very frequently, but we might have a day inbetween where we don't see each other. This is partly so we have stuff to say and tell each other about, partly because although I'm more of an extrovert, he's fairly introverted and likes having a bit of time to himself where he can watch tv, read, eat etc.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I have this exact same situation at the moment, and it kinda sucks sometimes, eh? But at least when you do meet up, it's extra special and kinda feels like a holiday :biggrin:

Yeah, I feel like being LDR really makes you appreciate your partner and getting to see them :yep: Also means you're guaranteed to be happy when you do get to see them :biggrin:
I think time apart is healthy, at least for those people who just need time to themselves to re-energise.
yes but we have a child, a child need to see both there parents so even when we argue etc... we see each other everyday pretty much
Reply 19
Im in a LDR so naturally I dont, however even when Ive had boyfriends who lived locally I didnt see them everyday either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending