Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Going to do a clinical trial which involves a few muscle biopsies, from your thigh area I believe. Says they inject local anaesthetic, do a 1cm incision, then jab the biopsy needle in. Apparently you may get a dead leg sensation.., then some aching afterwards and that's about it, though they advise you shouldn't do anything strenuous for 24hrs. However I don't know if this is the type of explanation where a doctor says "you may feel a scratch..", and it's much worse.

I've had very conflicting accounts on how much it hurts, one said it didn't really hurt at all and they didn't feel much afterwards. The other said it hurt a lot and their muscle felt very tender for a couple of days. They gave me a funny look when I said I'd have it done and go to work that evening or the next morning (job involves some heavy lifting).

So...anyone here had one? Was it pretty painless, or quite a painful experience? Especially focusing on what pain there is, if any, the day after the procedure.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.