Living in Dundee? Watch

Jsummers1212
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm hoping I get into Abertay for September 2014 and I was wondering if anyone who's there could tell me a bit about life in Dundee?

Whats employment like? Is it easy to get a part time job?
I hear Dundee has quite a reputation for being a bad city so whats crime like? And what are the student accommodation like? Especially Alloway halls.

Im hoping to move there from the East of England and quite nervous about moving all the way to a completely different country so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Snowzurfer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jsummers1212)
Hey guys, I'm hoping I get into Abertay for September 2014 and I was wondering if anyone who's there could tell me a bit about life in Dundee?

Whats employment like? Is it easy to get a part time job?
I hear Dundee has quite a reputation for being a bad city so whats crime like? And what are the student accommodation like? Especially Alloway halls.

Im hoping to move there from the East of England and quite nervous about moving all the way to a completely different country so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hi there

I do not know much about the employment situation, but I have visited Dundee a few times, and from what I have seen and heard from people the crime is not that bad; it simply is as the same as in many other cities where there are a lot of people. So if you stay out of trouble there should not be that problem.
King Kebab
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends entirely on the area of Dundee. Some of them are really bad and some of them are really bad. Drugs are rife in many schemes in the city, which the police do absolutely nothing about. The employment situation is quite poor compared to most places in the UK. Most people I know have part time jobs in the city but I do know a lot of people who haven't got one.

It is probably not much different that most other places of similar size and population.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1069)
79.01%
Leave (284)
20.99%

Watched Threads