How can I get in to USC in USA being a student in the UK Watch

Junior Djau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello.
I am an 18 year old who has just finished a BTEC level 3 in Art and Design.
I have a placement at Westminster University for Contemporary Media in 2014. I am deferring a year during which I will be doing a levels, Access or an International Baccalaureate to top up my qualification.
I really wanna go to USC in the states for my Masters so I really should get my A levels done and then get in to a specific Film and Tv course which will allow me to be considered for a place at USC
Would it make sense to do 2 years of 3 or 4 A levels and end with 6 or 7 and then apply for Film and Tv production which was my first option but not get it.
Is it feasible for me to get in to USC in the future?
kobekko
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Getting into the MFA in Film and TV Production at USC is really more about your portfolio and creative samples than your academic history. If you were to get into a film and TV course for undergrad, it may help you build a strong portfolio, but it isn't necessary, as the MFA is designed to teach all aspects of film/TV production, rather than building on an undergraduate degree in the same subject. It's hard to gauge the feasibility of you getting into the MFA program without seeing your work, but I don't think you have to worry about what subject you study in undergrad. If anything, a background in something other than film or TV may make you stand out as an applicant.

The only thing that could really ruin your chances of getting in is doing poorly in undergrad, whatever you study. USC has minimum grade requirements and it is very difficult for departments to make exceptions for applicants below the minimum.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?