Work experience for business management/law? Watch

murphy23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically im hoping to study either law or business management at uni next year and im hoping to do a bit of work experience over the summer.

Can anyone suggest where would be a good place to look first? Would you suggest an office or a law firm?

Thanks in advance!
tonbridgefanatic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Murphy23!

I'm also looking to study both those courses in Uni and I've done some work experience this summer. Working at any law firm (local or international) would be beneficial for you. Business courses look for students who have done some work experience in a business environment, which a Law firm is, whereas Law courses look for students who have been involved in the profession, which you will do if you work at a Law firm. By working at a Law firm, you'll also be able to find out whether you actually enjoy the Law or Business, as I found out during my 2 week placement.

I'm from Hong Kong and I'm applying to some British universities the coming year so its highly advisable!

Anyways, Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise