Turn on thread page Beta

Late bloomers watch

Announcements

I've just turned 20 and I feel like I've suddenly got a whole lot more interested in my dating life than I've ever been. I had a boyfriend when I was 15/16 but honestly it was more because everyone around me did - I was never 'boy crazy' like all my friends.

I just feel like the whole 'boy crazy' thing has just hit me (not as bad as most teens I hope!) and I'm really enjoying meeting new guys and the whole dating malarky right now where I've never really cared before.

I'm happy about and I'm having fun but I'm just curious if anyone else was as late as a 'bloomer' as me? :P

ReputationRep:
    I am 18 and I've never been boy crazy, even though I was with my boyfriend for 19 months, then I met a girl and I fell for her. I never knew any gay people before. I've been attracted to the odd few of guys but not any further. Falling for a girl made me realise I was gay. And I went from not much interest in dates and things, to really interested. She did try and convince me I wasn't straight and could see I was not happy in my relationship, the only person who saw. It was such a confusing time but I fall for the person and personality as that makes the person beautiful, for me and my experience I've realised that gender isn't a big deal, its just two people with a great connection and that's what matters to me. The whole 'girl crazy' has hit me after a dating a girl where I never really looked before because I wasn't brought up with it. It's quite overwhelming sometimes. I think it's probably when you get more comfortable in yourself and you say you're happy so that all that matters . I have a 19yr old friend who still isn't interested in guys or girls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've just turned 20 and I feel like I've suddenly got a whole lot more interested in my dating life than I've ever been. I had a boyfriend when I was 15/16 but honestly it was more because everyone around me did - I was never 'boy crazy' like all my friends.

I just feel like the whole 'boy crazy' thing has just hit me (not as bad as most teens I hope!) and I'm really enjoying meeting new guys and the whole dating malarky right now where I've never really cared before.

I'm happy about and I'm having fun but I'm just curious if anyone else was as late as a 'bloomer' as me? :P
    You this person as well? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2407789

(Original post by Eoznotrub)
    I am 18 and I've never been boy crazy, even though I was with my boyfriend for 19 months, then I met a girl and I fell for her. I never knew any gay people before. I've been attracted to the odd few of guys but not any further. Falling for a girl made me realise I was gay. And I went from not much interest in dates and things, to really interested. She did try and convince me I wasn't straight and could see I was not happy in my relationship, the only person who saw. It was such a confusing time but I fall for the person and personality as that makes the person beautiful, for me and my experience I've realised that gender isn't a big deal, its just two people with a great connection and that's what matters to me. The whole 'girl crazy' has hit me after a dating a girl where I never really looked before because I wasn't brought up with it. It's quite overwhelming sometimes. I think it's probably when you get more comfortable in yourself and you say you're happy so that all that matters . I have a 19yr old friend who still isn't interested in guys or girls!
    I definitely think this is a major part of it. I'm a lot more confident about the way I look and my general self so I guess it makes me happier to be with somebody. Yeah, I'm happy and I definitely have no problem with all of it I was just curious if anyone had a similar experience.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.