We should have more water fountains! Watch

Poll: Should we install more public water fountains?
Yes! (10)
83.33%
No, we have enough already (where do [i]you[/i] live?) (1)
8.33%
No, and get rid of the ones we currently have - more tax money for our beleaguered finances! (1)
8.33%
Hopple
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay, there's one obvious reason which everyone is feeling right now, so no need to go into that. However, this wouldn't be just a kneejerk reaction to a period of overly hot weather. If we put fountains up everywhere, we'd be able to go for a run in the park without having to carry a bottle with us, and from a green perspective, we'd cut down on people buying plastic bottles of overpriced rock sweat from miles away only to discard. Even if the bottle is recycled, it would be better for the environment had the bottle never had to be made, and the water transported by road for maybe hundreds of miles.

The downsides are the start up costs of installing them, and less tax revenue from the selling of bottled water. But what do you think?
Tackla
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Totally agree with your argument for both sides. But overall though, I think there should be more places where water should be available for free of charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
we used to have more public water fountains. They just got vandalised.

This is why we can't have nice things like other countries.
alex193
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Great idea - would cut down on plastic litter too. We'd just have to make sure they were reasonably vandal-proof (the traditional ones encased in stone are much more resilient than the standing metal jobs IMO)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads