The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Accomadation

Hi,

I have made a late application to Uni, I've spoken to a few Unis and oxford brookes have said they'd let me do History and Politics :smile: I have done my student finance and found out how much I'm entitled to.

My question really is what are the best halls; social life, location, overall qualitly. Also how does the maintanence work. It says that Clive booth for example is £143 a week for 38 weeks. So do I have to pay all at once or in installements??

Also I am getting a loan of about 3.8k for maintanence and a grant of 3.5k for maintanence. Is that enough for me to live off for the year or will I need to look for a job or something while I am there??

Thanks for anyone who answers and hopefully I get in to brookes and see you all there!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Hey!

You can pay for your accommodation in one lump sum or in three instalments as student finance comes in. I think you may be even to pay it in six instalments, but your best option is to pay it in three lump sums as student finance comes in. That way you know how much you have left to spend until the next lot of finance comes in.

In terms of which is the best hall, each hall has a different atmosphere and community, with some halls being quieter than others.

Clive Booth (both en-suite and non en-suite) are the livelier of the halls as its a big student village, and one of the more popular choices given its location to Headington Hill and Gipsy Lane campus'.

Some of the quieter halls like Paul Kent Hall are a little further out from Gipsy Lane and Headington Hill (Around 15-20 minutes on the bus or 35 minute walk away) but still have a great atmosphere. It depends on what you want from halls really. Crescent Halls is 5 minutes down the road from Paul Kent and can be a little livelier.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending