Newspaper Review - Plz help! Watch

<A-S-H-I-Q-U-E>
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi all,

I've been asked to write down a summary on an article, taken from a local newspaper. Being an Engineering student, I'm not so keen in writing such a summary or report. So, I will highly appreciate it if anyone kindly help me writing it.

The following is the question:

Reviewing and summarizing newspaper articles is a hard-to-master skill that comes only with practice. Such a task requires the ability to

(1) single out the important keywords of the article (generalize and block together parts)

(2) elaborate on these in dot points and

(3) plan how to write the final review.

Read through the newspaper article provided and write a summary of it in about 100 words. Marks are allocated for each of the THREE above-mentioned steps.

=============================
Honesty the best policy
By Alexius Barieng

KUCHING: Honesty is still the best policy when it comes to promoting integrity in any organisation, said Yayasan Sarawak chairman Dato Sri Adenan Satem.

He added that having such an approach would make life simpler for those who adopted it, while the reverse would also apply to those who chose to be dishonest in their dealings.

“You can write volumes on integrity, but basically honesty is the best policy. Make it short, make it simple and make it honest,” he said when launching a talk on “Integrity in the Civil Service” by the National Integrity Institute at the Yayasan Sarawak building here, yesterday. Although he conceded that the policy was easier to adopt when time was easy, it was when time was tough and complicated that people must make the extra effort to stay the course.

“When life becomes more complicated, that is the time you cannot give up on that policy,” he said, pointing out that “when you climb a mountain it’s easy when you begin, it’s hardest when you are near the summit… it is then you must not give up.”

Adenan, who is the Tanjung Datu Assemblyman and Member of Parliament for Sadong Jaya, explained that Yayasan Sarawak also adopted this policy of honesty by being open about its own mistakes.

“Like everybody else we make mistakes, but the most important thing is to admit it and not to gloss-over or cover-up these mistakes.

“At Yayasan Sarawak, we try to do the best we can, and try to keep it simple, straightforward and honest.”

At the even yesterday, Adenan also launched the new Yayasan Sarawak Gallery, and the foundation’s 5S Campaign. Yayasan Sarawak director Mohd Abu Bakar Marzuki also spoke at the event.

================================ =
Cloud_Strife
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.21%
Not great so far... (218)
35.74%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed