Turn on thread page Beta

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - reinstall Android? watch

Announcements

About a month ago, I installed the Cyanogen Jelly Bean image onto my tablet, because I wanted Jelly Jean rather than being stuck with Ice Cream Sandwich (who came up with this stupid system for naming versions).

I got it installed, it works fine, but it also sucks a bit. I just don't like it that much. I'd rather like to reinstall a Samsung image, but I can't seem to find any. Anybody have any ideas where I might?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    About a month ago, I installed the Cyanogen Jelly Bean image onto my tablet, because I wanted Jelly Jean rather than being stuck with Ice Cream Sandwich (who came up with this stupid system for naming versions).

I got it installed, it works fine, but it also sucks a bit. I just don't like it that much. I'd rather like to reinstall a Samsung image, but I can't seem to find any. Anybody have any ideas where I might?
    First off, Alphbetically naming OS releases after deserts is wonderful :P
    Would you rather have each release be called
    ect.. And yes, I mean apple ^^

Go to the XDA Developers forums and enter the name of your device 'Samsung Galaxy Tab 2' in the "Type to find your device" field.

Then find the SGT2 Android development sub forum (one for 7" and 10" devices) and search for a post with
    [ROM][STOCK] as the title. Make sure you get a pure stock ROM , not 'stock based' As that's what you're asking for ^

Alternatively if you can't find any on the SGT2 Android development board
    Check out, http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P3100
    Make sure that the GT- P3100 link i provided is for your device. You can change it in the drop down to the left.

You'll find 100% stock 4.1.2 Jelly bean ROMs there as well as previous updates. Seeing as you've already installed Cyanogen mod in the past I don't think I need to bother with install instructions

(Original post by obdreno)
    First off, Alphbetically naming OS releases after deserts is wonderful :P
    Would you rather have each release be called
    ect.. And yes, I mean apple ^^
    I thought it was silly with Ubuntu, and I think it's silly with Android. Never saw the issue with just... y'know, remembering what the number is.

Go to the XDA Developers forums and enter the name of your device 'Samsung Galaxy Tab 2' in the "Type to find your device" field.

Then find the SGT2 Android development sub forum (one for 7" and 10" devices) and search for a post with
    [ROM][STOCK] as the title. Make sure you get a pure stock rom, not 'stock based' As that's what you're asking for ^

Alternativley if you can't find any in the SGT2 Android development board
    Check out, http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P3100
    Make sure that the GT- P3100 link i provided is for your device. You can change it in the drop down to the left.

You'll find 100% stock 4.1.2 Jelly bean ROMs there as well as previous updates. Seeing as you've already installled Cyanogen mod in the past I don't think i need to bother with instal instructions
    Cool, thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 19, 2013
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.